• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A peek at your CCW

And just for grins here are the 3 allowed check points all cleared by the USSC as meeting the standard of the 4th amendment.

The Supreme Court has approved checkpoints in three types of situations:
  • permanent immigration-enforcement checkpoints near borders.
  • temporary sobriety checkpoints aimed at removing impaired drivers from the road, and.
  • temporary information-gathering checkpoints for police to obtain information about a completed crime.

I believe #2 & #3 could be used for just about anything. So show your ID and don't consent to a search. Kind of like a polygraph as well. Unless required for a job, that crap is inadmissible unless agreed upon by both parties which never happens. It's a screening tool just like the above checkpoints. My rant on this is done. I don't care about a peek or a BOS. If I want the damn thing, I'm getting it.

Until the Supreme Court changes the decision they have already made, you have to give your driver’s license at a checkpoint.

If I understood the ruling and how states (like Florida) have applied it, you don't actually have to "give" them the ID. I've seen videos where the occupant refused to roll down the window but placed his ID against the glass and asserted his rights. The police had to let him proceed because they could see the information needed. By the same token I've seen videos of Michigan stops where the occupants were forcibly arrested (in this case the officer hadn't even run the plates in the video and actually told the driver "you probably have a suspended license and don't want to show it to me.") In BOTH cases the officers also asked the question, "are you a lawyer?"

Had one guy show up with a buddy that I did not know was coming. The buddy started to get out and I TOLD him to stay in the car. After a while I could tell they were both OK guys but that kind of stuff needs to be discussed.
I don’t think I’ve had three meets that I or the other member didn’t have someone with them.
Y’all are some paranoid people. LOL

You have no anonymity on this site. The "meet" is logged on the ODT servers, and info on the exchange is given to LEOs when a search warrant is presented (if not before)

Your screen name ties you to the deal.

Plus, unless you use a burner phone, your phone number is your universal ID, and the other party in the deal has it.

Sure, complain about flashing your ID.......

Back
Top Bottom