• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A must read for Deer Hunters

I was a meat manager for 23 yrs and a meat cutter for 8 yrs. I get a retirement check from Kroger but I still cut meat part time for a grocery store. I bought all the equipment to process and did it for a while. It was to much cleaning afterwards. We have people to clean the market where I work. I sold everything and get mine processed
I am am sure your cleaning standards are high.

I was a meat manager for 23 yrs and a meat cutter for 8 yrs. I get a retirement check from Kroger but I still cut meat part time for a grocery store. I bought all the equipment to process and did it for a while. It was to much cleaning afterwards. We have people to clean the market where I work. I sold everything and get mine processed
Yep the cleanup is is the same whether you process 1 or 50

Ive probably cut up nearly 100 deer over the decades. All by knife at home.
Used a food processor to grind.
Cubed the meat when it thawed back out .
I got lazy in my late 40s an 50s and took a few to Huckaby . They did a good job for decent pay.

Processed a few pigs over the years too. It aint that bad :hungry:

My son shot a small doe this year and shot it in the front shoulder with his 243. I was surprised when I picked up the meat and it was in one walmart bag. We had it all ground and it came out to 10lbs of hamburger meat at $7.00/lb.

I'm fortunate to have a good processor that is very close to our property and always seems to have room no matter how busy they get. Said they were expecting up to 100 deer during final weekend of season.

The guy I have used all my life sold his place to his granddaughter and her husband a few years back. I stopped by the last Sat of the season this year to pick up two deer and the guy doing the cleaning said the deer he was working on was #1,000 for them this year! The number of folks processing in my area have gone down over the years as well and my wife and I actually had the talk about a month back about starting to do our own again just to save some $$. Although I grew up doing it all, I have gotten spoiled and lazy over the years so we will see how that works out. LOL

Back
Top Bottom