• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A modest proposal.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me frame this another way and I appreciate the candor here guys. I moved to GA to get back to a place that had common sense, logic and a respect for civil rights (firearms ownership is a civil right). In 2018 by a margin of roughly 50,000 votes we almost ended up with a liberal trash governor. This was on the strength of numbers from "the big city", Atlanta. The "big city" almost exclusively in the US is controlled by the left. That's where population is increasing, growing up, going to school, learning about things like 2A. Unless some more radical change takes place to disrupt that trend it's gonna continue. Already seeing it in the big city in south Florida. A few more decades and the mess that is CA (and all those other states mentioned earlier) will be here. SCOTUS has already allowed sufficient case law to creep through slowly banning this or that, slowly taking away rights, slowly making life difficult for 2A supporters. The proposal isn't meant to restrict rights in anyway, it's meant to mandate their continued existence and grant them some immunity from petty infringement over time.

Don't forget how much out of state money poured into that 2018 governors race and how close the outcome was! Matter of time until the balance of population outvotes us all.
Allow me to interject. Firearm ownership is a GOD given right that has been recognized in the bill of rights to the Constitution. The right of self defense of person and property. You been too long on the left coast sir.

Civil rights are granted by Government and subject to the whim of Congress.

How about we tattoo all felons with a number on their wrist.... or forehead even.... then all ya gots to do is check the wrist or look at the forehead ? :becky:
Then we don’t need any license or background check from anyone. No mafia cut either. :cool-new:

In all reality...criminals that are so bad they cannot have firearms need to be incarcerated until the time they are deemed rehabilitated.

Endorse the laws on the books. Half can go away. What you are proposing is for law abiding citizens, why should we give a inch when laws already there to solve the problem are not being enforced.

If you believe the government is best to solve the issue that YOU have then you probably believe Elton John wouldn't ### in your mouth

Endorse the laws on the books. Half can go away. What you are proposing is for law abiding citizens, why should we give a inch when laws already there to solve the problem are not being enforced.

If you believe the government is best to solve the issue that YOU have then you probably believe Elton John wouldn't ### in your mouth
Caution, he may really be in England and know the answer.

Some of ya'llz is mean! Last time I was shouted down this bad was by a leftist/feminist group of bullies when I dared to propose that MAYBE they shouldn't just assume that Brett Kavanaugh was a rapist just because some other leftist/feminist A-hole came out of the woodwork slinging mud at him. Have a civilized debate people.

You seem to be one that would cave on "Shall NOT Be Infringed", easily, so why not. You are the message IMO.

ETA, I think YOU want to deliver the message and YOU want to help the gun grabbers.

And in so assuming you would be wrong sir. Amazing what people assume about me for trying to have a discussion!

Some of ya'llz is mean! Last time I was shouted down this bad was by a leftist/feminist group of bullies when I dared to propose that MAYBE they shouldn't just assume that Brett Kavanaugh was a rapist just because some other leftist/feminist A-hole came out of the woodwork slinging mud at him. Have a civilized debate people.
You presented no civilized debate . You've come here from a commie state trying to push your twisted views on Folks that know better . You don't have to conform , by all means continue your ignorant satire , just don't expect us to conform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom