• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A modest proposal.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
or leave the state for a better one as you did

<-- That is precisely what I did and what tens of thousands of still sane Californian's are doing these days. I sadly do have to go back out there with regularity. I'd love to be able to carry my 45 with me without fear of being thrown in the slammer because I don't want some A-hole thug, freshly imported from some third world country, rob me with no recourse on my part.

ezgif-1-0d81090489a1.gif

I'm not content with just 2A sanctuary state in GA for a couple of reasons.

1) Unless it's baked into the GA constitution as an amendment it'll eventually change with the political winds
2) 2A, although I don't think this was the intent of the framers, isn't currently protecting our rights to possess firearms capable of being acting as a "militia", for that in this technology era you need automatic and those are so restricted and costly as to in effect be banned. That should change.

GA 2A Sanctuary is a start, it's not far enough. Don't read the proposal as limiting, read it as liberating. If you don't like the attribute set, debate, change, get a solid proposal. Just calling me a communist or an idiot won't change the debate, it'll only make you look the fool for getting side tracked by emotion.
The Second Amendment makes a lot of folks look a Fool. Yea imma be packin no matter what anyway

Reciprocity is a state to state agreement system. The only way to guarantee consistency nationally is to make it a national standard. For years I had a Utah CCW which at the time was the most broadly recognized CCW of all the states. That still wouldn't allow me to pack my 45 into CA legally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom