• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A modest proposal.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that rather than trying to compromise with people who despise you and your idea of being a free man, just say no. "You cannot reason with unreasonable people" even those who are on your side:pop2:
And stay please. Welcome to Georgia.

Wow, just wow. So for raising an idea for discussion I'm stupid, I'm gay, I'm Hitler, I'm communist, I'm to be expelled. I've found ODTers to be uniformly awesome guys on all the face to face meets including one M&G so I'm gonna chalk up the hate to internet grandstanding. Keep your powder dry folks and hope to meet those I haven't already met at ODT10!

I'm just gonna turn the other cheek and wish you all a wonderful weekend.

Wow, just wow. So for raising an idea for discussion I'm stupid, I'm gay, I'm Hitler, I'm communist, I'm to be expelled. I've found ODTers to be uniformly awesome guys on all the face to face meets including one M&G so I'm gonna chalk up the hate to internet grandstanding. Keep your powder dry folks and hope to meet those I haven't already met at ODT10!

I'm just gonna turn the other cheek and wish you all a wonderful weekend.

It’s Friday and people are drinking. Toughen up, buttercup.

I meme'd a lot of threads on the ODT, but never has a particular meme felt more appropriate than this particular meme on this particular thread.

FB_IMG_1581125479863.jpg

If you've visited the bay area recently you'll understand the depth of accuracy of that meme......things are sunk out there man. Sad for me personally as I grew up in San Diego in the 60s and 70s. With the gigantic military presence it was a quiet little town with plenty of good people for a young lad to look up to. It's now a complete disaster out there.....that's what 50 years of leftists in charge does to an otherwise nice place.

2) 2A, although I don't think this was the intent of the framers, isn't currently protecting our rights to possess firearms capable of being acting as a "militia", for that in this technology era you need automatic and those are so restricted and costly as to in effect be banned. That should change.
You need to reread the 2nd Amendment.
It's not about the People being the Militia. It's about the People being armed because the State must have a Militia. Only way it makes sense às a single, coherent statement. (Got that thought from a Penn & Teller video, recently.)
SCOTUS does not edit or change the Constitution , Congress has that power.
No!
Congress does not have that power!!!
True, they can propose an Amendment, but then it has to be approved by the Several States.
If congress has no role in an Amendment? Guess what, it has to be approved by the Several States!
Congress (and the supreme court, and the president) has no actual role.
That's for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom