A modest proposal.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freshly Minted Georgian!

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
302   0
Reaction score
Don't start stoning me until you've read it all, let me know what you think.

Lots of debate on firearms ownership kicked around ad nauseum on ODT and everywhere else. I have a proposal for you all to consider.

A Federal Background Check program shall be instituted with the following governing principles:
- Any firearm transfer requires the recipient to display their federal background check card
- Background check cards will be revoked on conviction or guilty plea of any felony crime (with explicit list of eligible crimes so idiot states like Commiefornia don't make it a felony to breathe)
- On revocation of any background check card the owner shall have the option to sell to an eligible party or to surrender to law enforcement
- Background check cards shall be issued for a term of 5 years and checked at least annually for presence of felony crime (to catch anyone that slipped through reporting wise)
- On renewal request where no felonies are noted renewal shall be issued
- Voluntary forfeiture of background check cards require transfer of firearms to an eligible party
- Loan of firearms shall be restricted to eligible card holders
- Purchase eligibility for firearms is not restricted to in state purchases, anyone with a current and valid card is eligible to purchase firearms anywhere in the US
- Background check card will also serve as a national concealed carry permit

BC5588FC-D077-46DA-A95C-8B7F197AC1AB.jpeg

Lots of debate on firearms ownership kicked around ad nauseum on ODT and everywhere else. I have a proposal for you all to consider.

A Federal Background Check program shall be instituted with the following governing principles:
- Any firearm transfer requires the recipient to display their federal background check card
- Background check cards will be revoked on conviction or guilty plea of any felony crime (with explicit list of eligible crimes so idiot states like Commiefornia don't make it a felony to breathe)
- On revocation of any background check card the owner shall have the option to sell to an eligible party or to surrender to law enforcement
- Background check cards shall be issued for a term of 5 years and checked at least annually for presence of felony crime (to catch anyone that slipped through reporting wise)
- Voluntary forfeiture of background check cards require transfer of firearms to an eligible party
- Purchase eligibility for firearms is not restricted to in state purchases, anyone with a current and valid card is eligible to purchase firearms anywhere in the US

tenor-3.gif

You're not a politician are you, because you sound like a politician?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom