• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

A different jalapeño popper

fast306stang

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
376   0
Reaction score
Ok so I bought a bunch of jalapeños and some shrimp. Core the jalapeños and the shrimp are shaped like they were meant for being stuffed in a pepper.

Now I usually stand them up in a pan with some chicken stock and cover it with a lid. The steam cooks the shrimp and softens the peppers. They are absolutely delicious like this.

But today I'm taking these to my brother's house and we're grilling out. DinkyDau DinkyDau told me the other day don't be afraid to experiment in the kitchen. Granted this isn't much of an experimentation, but I thought about what he said and did the only reasonable thing any ODTer would do...I wrapped them with bacon!

I used stainless steel skewers to hold the bacon, so no toothpicks involved. I did dry each slice of bacon with a paper towel before wrapping, it gives them more sticktion and me more control...

I may try to keep these off the grates to basically smoke them but if they wind up being rolled across the grates, that will be fine too. Hopefully I will remember to take pics of the finished goods.

To clarify the pics, I wrapped each one individually starting from the bottom and then laid the end of the bacon over the open end of the pepper...then I pushed the skewer through. Then the next one and so on...

@troutman

20180818_154331.jpg
20180818_154514.jpg
20180818_154525.jpg
20180818_155230.jpg
20180818_161825.jpg

Ok so I bought a bunch of jalapeños and some shrimp. Core the jalapeños and the shrimp are shaped like they were meant for being stuffed in a pepper.

Now I usually stand them up in a pan with some chicken stock and cover it with a lid. The steam cooks the shrimp and softens the peppers. They are absolutely delicious like this.

But today I'm taking these to my brother's house and we're grilling out. DinkyDau DinkyDau told me the other day don't be afraid to experiment in the kitchen. Granted this isn't much of an experimentation, but I thought about what he said and did the only reasonable thing any ODTer would do...I wrapped them with bacon!

I used stainless steel skewers to hold the bacon, so no toothpicks involved. I did dry each slice of bacon with a paper towel before wrapping, it gives them more sticktion and me more control...

I may try to keep these off the grates to basically smoke them but if they wind up being rolled across the grates, that will be fine too. Hopefully I will remember to take pics of the finished goods.

@troutman

View attachment 1747703 View attachment 1747705 View attachment 1747706 View attachment 1747707 View attachment 1747708
:thumb:Can't wait for the results, did you add any seafood seasoning to the shrimp before stuffing them??Love when people step out of the box...We all learn including me from others success! Thank can't wait for the results....

Back
Top Bottom