• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9x39 school me

Phydoux

Default rank <3000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Violent pacifist
103   0
Reaction score
im getting more and more interested in this round and shooting it suppressed.
From what I’ve researched I can just buy the upper and the AR-47 mags.
I would like to get a deadicated pistol lower as well, but could use my 300blk lower for now.
Any input, info, and product recommendations would be awesome!!

It’s a 278 grain 9mm bullet crammed into a 7.62x39 casing . Any Mil-Spec ar can be converted to it by changing the mag , bolt and barrel.

I’ve built quite a few for customers and I personally love the round due to it hitting like a hammer while giving off a very quiet sound signature .

I liked it so much I built a LMT 9x39 for myself and I built 3 more after giving me a total of 4 9x39 platforms .

mags can be a Problem as some are good and some bad . I personally found a way to modify hk 416 mags to create the perfect magazine for it . It’s a great caliber and it’s very quiet

below is a comparison to typical 5.56 , 300blk and x39 .

When you are ready to buy let me know and I can set up a easy to install conversion kit

A73C097A-46C6-4DA4-81AF-22818AB4D982.jpeg
B6031DF3-6FB8-4D47-BDB3-288CB3C202DD.jpeg

Never considered this round till now. Maybe I won’t build a .300blk. This is heavier and cheaper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I considered getting into 9x39 but decided against it went with 300BLK. The thing with 9x39 is that, although the bullet may be bigger and heavier, it isnt moving as fast as a 300BLK, even at subsonic speeds. Best case scenario, loaded hot, a 9x39 is only going about 700fps. A 300BLK can go half again as fast, still maintain its subsonic sound profile, and the bullet is only 50gr's smaller. Plus, should you want to, 300BLK can go supersonic with smaller bullets. To my knowledge, 9x39 is a dedicated subsonic round.

It tumbles like crazy though.
Yeah, supposedly that's part of the design idea. It's supposed to be keyholing on impact to create more soft tissue damage. Eh...I don't know that I buy that. Plus it makes me wonder about baffle strikes. Out of the AR platform, I'd be less worried about it, but in an AK platform with barrel concentricity already being iffy...yeah. I prefer my rounds to impact tip first so they can do what they're designed to do. To each, according to his tastes, I suppose.

Definitely part of the bullet design. The exact word i read was "yaw" so maybe its not that extreme straight out of the bore. I dunno...

But 90% of the weapons i saw that were designed for it were short barreled close engagement with quick acquisition optics and really long cans. Like that old ruger silent destroyer. Which i think are super cool.

Back
Top Bottom