• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9MM Question for you reloaders

But you asked what we liked and why:

TiteGroup.

HS-6 for max power and beyond.

Universal Clays or Accurate #5 for accuracy, mid range power, and cleanliness.

American Reloading has a powder like Alliant E3.
$107.99 or $21.59lb, way cheaper than N320 and in stock..

Midwayusa review on E3
e3 for .40 S&W and 9mm is great!

Submitted 7 years ago

Because of the current powder shortage I was looking for something that was available and not as expensive as the VV powders for .40 and 9mm minor. e3 proved to be a winner in every way. It's clean, accurate and gives better velocities in 9mm than any of the faster burning powders if you want to push it. The recoil impulse of e3 is as good as clays and better than VV N320 in my loads. Alliant says to use the loading data for Red Dot minus 10%. I am sure loading data will be available for this powder in pistol shortly. I love it!!

Well thanks to all you guys for the replies, now just gotta find some bullets so I can reload.
I'm sure you all knew it already but since I haven't loaded 9mm I just found out, there ain't no dang bullets that I can find to actually load with...got brass, primers and powder. Guess I'll get on the hunt for some.

Well thanks to all you guys for the replies, now just gotta find some bullets so I can reload.
I'm sure you all knew it already but since I haven't loaded 9mm I just found out, there ain't no dang bullets that I can find to actually load with...got brass, primers and powder. Guess I'll get on the hunt for some.

midsouth had berry's 147gr plated in stock a cpl days ago...might not be now. nosler overrun shop had 124's or 115's...forget which.

It's cleaner than 231 and it gives more velocity which is why I use it. If it were dirtier, I'd still use it.....either that or power pistol.
It meters like 231 as well...which is really nice. I also can't double charge with cfe pistol as easy, it will pretty much fill the case. I think w/e the cfe is adds a little bulk. a hodgdon book max load of cfe under a 147 fmj or berry's bullet is still sub out of an 8" barrel and cycles very nice.

never confirmed...but cfe feels like 231 with something in it. little more cfe needed than 231...close to the same velocity spread.

Cfe, n320,titegroup.
Cfe great all around powder
N320 clean and soft shooting
Titegroup economical but not the best for new loaders ( which your not) but very easy to over charge if not paying attention.
Someone posted here not long ago i think it was natesreloading.com. theybhad some good info on powders for 223 and 9mm. Scroll back and take a look.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

It meters like 231 as well...which is really nice. I also can't double charge with cfe pistol as easy, it will pretty much fill the case. I think w/e the cfe is adds a little bulk. a hodgdon book max load of cfe under a 147 fmj or berry's bullet is still sub out of an 8" barrel and cycles very nice.

never confirmed...but cfe feels like 231 with something in it. little more cfe needed than 231...close to the same velocity spread.
Whatever that extra something is, it works. CFE looks nothing like 231 to me......well they are both blackish and shiny, but CFE is a lot finer. CFE meters much better that 231 out of a drum type measure. They both meter well out of a sliding bar measure. It's a different powder all together in my opinion.
9mm.JPG

Back
Top Bottom