• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9MM Question for you reloaders

I am still burning 30-40 year old powders . Lol. I havent bought much powder since the 90’s or so.
Like i said....i havent used the newer named powders much to none . Tgroup, vivot. , clays, etc.,

Im hoping i can ride the wave of my stash stuff til primers come back around and go down a little.
If it weren't for a fantastic member on here that has a few primers put back with my name on them at good price, i would have to brave the wolfs ! LOL

I like the Russian primers. the wolf LRPs have produced real nice SD numbers for me in 308. the srp mag primers are supposed to be gtg as well, especially for AR/semi usage. I have a few K spp's I have NOT tested yet.

I avoid TiteGroup, N310, and Clays. All three seem to produce random pressure spikes.
For 9mm, I use Power Pistol for accuracy. For someone who just wants to put holes in paper, I would think that the powder that produces good results with the minimum charge weight would be the way to go. Bullseye, Red Dot, AA2 are all excellent powders.
Really, if the powder is covered in a load manual and you can find it, it is probably a good powder for you to use. AVAILABILITY

I've been reloading 45acp, 45 colt, 6.5cm and 223 for quite a while and didn't think I'd ever have a need to load 9mm but............I ain't payin these stupid prices for practice ammo so I reckon I'll start reloading them too.
What powder is your favorite for 9mm ammo and why if you don't mind saying.
I've got a lot of Titegroup that I use on my 45acpand 45 colt.
Wasn't sure what the experts think about that powder in a 9mm.
Probably be using either 115 or 124grn bullets
Appreciate the advice in advance

I use cfe pistol

TiteGroup in the 9mm works well for me. It is best with jacketed bullets. 9mm is one of the few cartridges in which it is easy to spot a double charge of TiteGroup. It does run dirty and looses accuracy if you load it too light. It is a powder that works best when loading for factory standard velocities.

Back
Top Bottom