• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9MM Question for you reloaders

I have been using TG, Power Pistol, and CFE for 9mm recently.

1) TG is super dirty but great for subs and short range trips. I notice powder residual on my hands after many many mags.

2) PP was my first powder I used and the muzzle flash is pretty noticeable.

3) CFE is a lot cleaner and not as flashy, I’ve been loading most if not all of my plinking rounds with it after dialing it in.

Dies in 9mm are kind of hard to find lately and I recommend snagging a Lee 9mm FCD to run the finished rounds through real quick.

Are you using 231 for 124 grain bullets? Any pointers to offer?
Im not close to it but i use the 231for 124 grain and a couple others but all mine are lead projectile....hand cast.
If i get a chance to look in the lyman loaders book i will give some examples. But you need the whole enchilada to look at to correctly id what combo you are loading then seeing the mn-max loads....pressures....velocity.....etc.

Doyou not have a loading handbook with all the data in them ? You are probably getting info from on line one powder and charge at a time?
You really need to look at them all, make an educated comparison of everything offered and your availability to what components, then you can start on the bottom of that particular loads and work up to satisfaction.

Are you using 231 for 124 grain bullets? Any pointers to offer?
Yeah wheeler, i will look at my manual tomorrow and see if i can snapshot you a page. And i will tell you what i worked up for the 124cast and give you some ideas. It will be friday though

I am still burning 30-40 year old powders . Lol. I havent bought much powder since the 90’s or so.
Like i said....i havent used the newer named powders much to none . Tgroup, vivot. , clays, etc.,

Im hoping i can ride the wave of my stash stuff til primers come back around and go down a little.
If it werent for a fantastic member on here that has a few primers put back with my name on them at good price, i would have to brave the wolfs ! LOL

Yeah wheeler, i will look at my manual tomorrow and see if i can snapshot you a page. And i will tell you what i worked up for the 124cast and give you some ideas. It will be friday though
I’ve a couple of reloading manuals. I’ve reloaded .38 Special for a long time I just haven’t messed around with 9mm. Thanks for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom