• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9-25 hunt

Knocked out a job this morning early and went to do some walk/stalk in the light rain at sisters place.
Beautiful being out in the light rain plus it sure helps mask your movements.
I decided to walk a spot I only visited once years ago and got on a cool steep ridge trail with lots of laurel and bedding areas with a couple real cool open staging areas.
I had to take a wide swath off the trail to get around some deadfall sticks and did my best not to step on sticks but Injad to take a couple quick steps to avoid the blanketed sticks and when I did a big buck jumped up from his bed next to the path and when he got up his antlers tangled with a tree branch and he made a heck of a racket trying to get his antlers out of the branch in his haste.
I backtracked and made a big wide circle and tried to get another look at him from circling around the next ridge.
As soon as cleared the ridge I crouched down and waited for a while.
He ended up blowing at me from the next ridge further out.

I think I found the perfect spot for my last remaining ladder.
Gonna set it on the next ridge overlooking the path he was bedded down on.
Gonna have to sneak to my ladder from behind and I’ll have to tuck it back about 30 yards to keep from being spotted.
St that distance this will most likely be a rifle only stand but there is a marshy creek in the middle with bright green grass on both sides that I could take an archery shot with.

Yeah I haven’t hunted that area much because it’s almost impossible to get near it without getting busted by a watcher but I think I have a solid game plan that should only work if the wind is in my favor.

Back
Top Bottom