• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

9/13 hunt

I got a doe. I watched 4 within feet of me. Ozonics works, cause I was sweating my butt off. They were so close I had to stand up in the stand to clear the side wall. I had to wait til they got farther out to get a shot. Finally took one of the does. She ran a 25 yard circle and folded up within sight of me.
Then I had to sit there for 45 mins because the other ones would not leave and I didn't want to spook them getting down. These pics were took after the first one was down. I didnt get a pic of her while she was down. I brought her home and me and my son worked her up together for the first time.
View attachment 2820329 View attachment 2820329 View attachment 2820330 View attachment 2820331
Congrats!

I went and took the wife with me. I put her in box stand with a crossbow overlooking a field that is surrounded by persimmons and oaks. She saw 2 does and a 6 pointer. She was gonna shoot the 6 but it didn't stay long enough according to her. I sat in my climber at my new honey hole/hawg waller spot. I saw 2 does. The came in around 545 from behind me and got to 20 yards and spooked off. They came back around about 15 minutes later and I got busted standing up to draw back over a limb I was using as cover. I don't know why but I've been mad at myself ever since then. Atleast I got the chance to be there and see something.

Ran over a rattlesnake on the way back in the dark. Just goes to show they are out even in the dark.. Joker was about 4' long. Vincent Vega Vincent Vega it was near your place. It was on powellton church road right by Horeb cemetery
I hope you flattened him out!

This is where I sat all weekend. It is a row of sawtooth acorns that are pouring down. I saw deer every hunt, but they stayed on the end trees. I started getting pics from my cell cam this evening, that is on a tree beside my blind. This group is 15 yards away. Figures....
You weren't going to shoot momma were you? :boink:

Back
Top Bottom