• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

80 gr. COL

SamSamson

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
107   1
Reaction score
Hey folks. I need some advice from some of yall seasoned reloaders. Ive loaded lots of .223 with 77 gr. Nosler Custom Comp. and so I bought some stuff from another member and it contained some 80 gr. VLDs. Theyre long and slender and my data books all say to seat them to 2.390 COL. Max COL to load into an AR mag is 2.260. My books also say that seating them deeper can cause excess pressure, so dont. What can I do to use these bullets other than buying a bolt action 223, thanks in advance.

Hey folks. I need some advice from some of yall seasoned reloaders. Ive loaded lots of .223 with 77 gr. Nosler Custom Comp. and so I bought some stuff from another member and it contained some 80 gr. VLDs. Theyre long and slender and my data books all say to seat them to 2.390 COL. Max COL to load into an AR mag is 2.260. My books also say that seating them deeper can cause excess pressure, so dont. What can I do to use these bullets other than buying a bolt action 223, thanks in advance.
Used in High Power matches on longer ranges (600 yard) during slow fire prone, single load using a SLED.

On the other hand, you won't burn thru your ammo near as fast.

The Marines did this with the early O3s by using the magazine cutoff.

Back
Top Bottom