• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

8 And 9 Year Olds Shoot And Kill A 62 Year Old Man On Tractor

This happened to a buddy of mind,
My buddy and his wife were camping in Flamingo state park back in the 70s, they got friendly with the couple next to them that had two boys, 11 and 13.
The boys were playing with a 22cal rifle and it went off hitting my buddy that was in his tent. The boys heard him scream and ran over to the tent and found the man shot in the chest.
The wife was not there at the time and the boys got scared and shot him again killing him. They came up with a plan and waited for the wife to come back, while hiding in their tent when the wife walked in they shot and killed her also. There 2 children were staying with there grandmother and were not at the location luckily.

My buddy and his wife were camping in Flamingo state park back in the 70s, they got friendly with the couple next to them that had two boys, 11 and 13.
The boys were playing with a 22cal rifle and it went off hitting my buddy that was in his tent. The boys heard him scream and ran over to the tent and found the man shot in the chest.
The wife was not there at the time and the boys got scared and shot him again killing him. They came up with a plan and waited for the wife to come back, while hiding in their tent when the wife walked in they shot and killed her also. There 2 children were staying with there grandmother and were not at the location luckily.
They should have been charged with pre-meditated murder, IMO.

That's sick. As much as the bleeding hearts don't want to admit it, there is such a thing as "bad seed."

Me too. I got a Remington single shot 22 at age 8 and my parents knew that I could be trusted with it. Most of the problems in society today stem from piss poor parenting. Lock them up, set an example. Maybe they would learn to teach their kids something if there were consequences other than monetary.
I got a Mauser 98k with ammo from a neighbor for $3 in 1954, I was 9 years old, got the money cutting grass, my Mother never blinked an eye, the only comment she made and she seldom cursed was "Don't shoot the damn thing in the House" LOL Advice I've remembered all these years:thumb:

I remember the gun safety I got as a kid, shooting at a range. I can also remember the first time I shot an animal a year or so later, walking up and seeing the damage done. Had a penny dropping dropping moment of, ok, take guns seriously. Not saying kids have to see the damage in person to complete their gun safety training, but in this day and age there's a lot of kids who don't understand consequences or the reality of things.

Back
Top Bottom