• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

8 And 9 Year Olds Shoot And Kill A 62 Year Old Man On Tractor

"Investigators are not releasing how the boys got the rifle or why they shot at Smith"

I would like to know. Somebody didn't teach them about guns, safety and life. Sad story and now all lives involved have changed forever.
^^^ THIS...gun safety should be taught to ALL at an early age.

The parents are responsible in civil court for the torts done by their children,
but a parent is not criminally liable for the crimes committed by the child.
Regardless of the criminal vs civil implications, what the parents need to be hit with is massive financial result. One that will make sure THEY at least will exert as much correctlve influence as possible on the two killers. Play games with the law in defining type of suit, that's okay. Then i just say hit the kids every punitive action the law in that state allows for their age and then follow up with the parents who did not control them. They took a life. End of story. No takebacks.

I've read many times, statements like "My guns aren't locked; my [x] year old has been taught to respect them and knows what will happen if he touches them." Sorry, but young kids have judgement lapses, and sometimes those lapses are so serious, they can be fatal to themselves or someone else.

8 and 9 year olds should never have unsupervised access to firearms.

Back
Top Bottom