• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7th annual trout stream meet and greet May 21-23

hikingthehills

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Lego that laid the Golden Hen
74   0
Reaction score
Come one come all! It’s about that time again! Get your poles and tents ready! We’ll be meeting at Rock creek to clean the stream out of all trout once again. Kids and good food welcome! I’m thinking this year I’ll bring the grill and anybody that wants to do the same we could all bring whatever we want to throw on there! I’ll update this post later to the road we camp off of. Can’t wait to see y’all there! Hopefully the weather cooperates this year!
4730 Rock Creek Rd, Suches, GA 30572. that's the address for the hatchery, it will get you there. i suggest entering from the hwy 60 side. you can come from the other side over the mountain by camp merrill, but i don't recommend it. very long dirt road driving that way lol.

There is a pay camping area also past the hatchery with some concrete pads and gravel pads for tents. all those have a fire pit, picnic table and lantern hanger.

There are bathrooms (just a toilet, no shower) at each camping area, bring your own TP though. It's usually "clean", but rarely stocked.

Hopefully we can get a spot near enough to walk to the bathrooms lol, if not its driving if ya gotta go and don't like the woods lol. If you camp at the pay sites the bathrooms are a stones throw from any of the pads.

20748301_10214165501917986_5344265080999344476_o.jpg

Be careful. Never went and not seen a snake. This one was from about 2 summers ago

I'll do my doggonest to be there for a short visit!! If my Girlfriend is going, That would motivate me more!;)
@Anniegetyourguns will definitely be there! If she doesn’t go into labor early! We have a little one due 2 weeks after the fishing trip!:preggers:

Back
Top Bottom