• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7mm-08 Go/No Go Gauges

So LGS got some 7mm-08 Norma ammo in.
32891bdfddd1a3df9c25a18d06114302.jpg

dfb4bf0e442d65363cdb4bbc9aabc80c.jpg

edace217535293304feb1cd364d2721d.jpg

The bolt closes with these.

Obviously Go/No Go Gauges would remove all doubt of whether or not this chamber is to spec but these cases do cycle & function in this rifle.

I’m planning to adjust my dies to fit this brass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

With that being said, it sounds like you're simply not bumping the shoulder back far enough during the sizing process. Easy fix, as you alluded to.

If you can find a Cartridge Headspace Gauge (the L.E. Wilson one on Midway is Product # 131739), get it. If you're using a conventional single-stage press, you'll be setting that Size Die position every time you load, so that tool will be indispensable.

With that being said, it sounds like you're simply not bumping the shoulder back far enough during the sizing process. Easy fix, as you alluded to.

If you can find a Cartridge Headspace Gauge (the L.E. Wilson one on Midway is Product # 131739), get it. If you're using a conventional single-stage press, you'll be setting that Size Die position every time you load, so that tool will be indispensable.

Thank You.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fire form one of those and then measure the shoulder with some headspace gauges.

I think you are overthinking things. You can measure coal all you want but if its the shoulder not being pushed back enough causing the issue coal doesnt mean squat.

Little late to this party, but as for go-no-go gauges, the following cartridges use the exact same gauges:
.358 Winchester, .338 Federal, .308, 7mm-08, .260 Rem, .243 win. They have the exact same shoulder angle and need to be pushed back the same amount, just different neck size.

When I first built my .260, couldn't find brass anywhere, tried .308 but found out when it was resized, the neck wall was too thick and needed to be turned so I used .243 brass instead. .260 brass should work fine for 7mm-08.

Back
Top Bottom