• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

70's Kids: Just a Real Way of a Great Life!! - Mom Didn't know it though...

Watched at least one friend get hurt to the point of needing medical styrene and convincing him he's ok

Ha, reminded me of the time a buddy & I of mine when we were punching holes into walls of an abandoned trailer. He hit a stud & I told him he just jammed his knuckle back and to pull it out. Turned out to be a fractured bone and it only made it worse.

‘71-‘73 I was sent off to military school and after that I was back in public school for a few years. Here’s some of my memories of the 70’s...

D1556F47-E757-4010-A46F-C41770384F74.jpeg

34A968F6-D383-46A4-A7A4-48E0F5572C60.jpeg

As the late Tim Wilson said " When I grew up we did this thing called go outside and ****in' play. And you did that till dark when your Mama called you in cause women used to do this thing called cokkiing ****in dinner. And you wouldn't get in the house late cuase you'd get what we used to call an ass whoopin."

Speaking of the best cars, I had a red and black ‘68 SS 396 Chevelle just like this one briefly in 1975. That car was ridiculously fast, especially for a 16 year old, it’s a miracle I actually survived having that monster. My Dad had a triple black ‘70 Dodge Charger R/T 440 Magnum like the one in this last pic when I was 15, I got my learners permit in that car. I wish I had that one now, I loved that R/T.

B55519B4-4F76-4934-BD31-E8B7C86421A0.jpeg

79F6410A-D511-4252-89F8-0BFD78632566.jpeg

36BF8216-EA28-437A-98B1-95569ADDD5DF.jpeg

Shot each other with BB guns, fought, thrower rocks at each other, one of my 1st cars was one very similar to the one in burts movie WHITE LIGHTNING.. Ford galaxy ( maybe) had a 400 big block in it.. but once you got going about 60 the front tires and steering would wobble so bad you could hardly hold on to it.. that didn’t matter to me I’d just floor it and head out… used to take my moms custom van out with the buds.. they loved to roof surf

Speaking of the best cars, I had a red and black ‘68 SS 396 Chevelle just like this one briefly in 1975. That car was ridiculously fast, especially for a 16 year old, it’s a miracle I actually survived having that monster. My Dad had a triple black ‘70 Dodge Charger R/T 440 Magnum like the one in this last pic when I was 15, I got my learners permit in that car. I wish I had that one now, I loved that R/T.

View attachment 3576870

View attachment 3576869

View attachment 3576871

Six flags didn't have rides to compare to muscle car thrills. Big block, 4 speed, makes for a good night with any chic you want.

Shot each other with BB guns, fought, thrower rocks at each other, one of my 1st cars was one very similar to the one in burts movie WHITE LIGHTNING.. Ford galaxy ( maybe) had a 400 big block in it.. but once you got going about 60 the front tires and steering would wobble so bad you could hardly hold on to it.. that didn’t matter to me I’d just floor it and head out… used to take my moms custom van out with the buds.. they loved to roof surf
I remember the BB gun fights, and nobody lost a freakin eye either. Now there were some bloody noses, black eyes and split lips from the dirt clod battles though. lol!

Had the BB wars when I was 10, still have one stuck in my left calf. Still remember the BB's flying past my head. Another past time was catching black snakes.

Back
Top Bottom