• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

7 year old and 20 year old shot, "mistaken for game".

As someone who spends countless hours in the woods hunting every year I cannot even see how something like this is possible. It’s unbelievable how many idiots walk among us.

Several of these happen every year. The thing I honestly don't understand is, how the shooter is never shot dead and put out of his intellectual misery.
I'm trying to imagine myself getting shot and the shooter coming up to me....
Shooter: "Oh my gosh, I thought you were a 12 pointer. I'm so sorry."
Me: "Aww, it's ok man, we're good."

:suspicious:

Mid 70 's, my dad and I were going back into White Oak Gap afternoon to get a few more hours looking for deer. Came up on a fellow with his arms taped straight out to his rifle-his face all bloodied and swollen! As we slowed down we saw a note penned on his jacket. It read "I shoot at what I can't see!".

My daddy rolled up the window on that old '66 Chevy and kept driving. I was young and asked dad why we didn't help that fellow and he says "ain't no helping some folks".

Nothing like being shot at in the woods by another hunter.
I had a moron shoot over my head and I hit the deck and he shot three more times at a deer above me as I was in a depression in the ground still hunting in full blaze orange in Pennsylvania.
The moron heard me yelling to stop shooting between rounds.
It was my property and he was poaching.
He ran off and I never did see where he went as he was in full camo.
I think he hunkered down in some thick stuff and I didn’t go looking for him.
I called my father in law to watch the road as it was a one way enter/exit road that dead ended so anyone driving out could be questioned.
Nobody drove out and no cars were parked on any of the cut outs.
It may have been a neighboring farmer which would not surprise me but nobody knew anything.
Also the Brother of a friend of mine was blinded for life when his best friend accidentally shot him in the face through some brush while turkey hunting together.

Back
Top Bottom