• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6 weeks notification

BigMike

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
232   0
Reaction score
I called the ATF just for the hell of it to check on a stamp filed end of Feb. Much to my surprise, it was approved beginning of the month. The kicker, the nice lady said it's taking up to 6 weeks to notify the dealer. 6 weeks! She did say she would call my dealer and let them know, but I'm sure they won't let me take it home without the paperwork and I'm sure I wouldn't take it even if they would. 6 weeks......

I called the ATF just for the hell of it to check on a stamp filed end of Feb. Much to my surprise, it was approved beginning of the month. The kicker, the nice lady said it's taking up to 6 weeks to notify the dealer. 6 weeks! She did say she would call my dealer and let them know, but I'm sure they won't let me take it home without the paperwork and I'm sure I wouldn't take it even if they would. 6 weeks......
The government, the pinnacle of efficiency.

Just found out today one I filed 17 months ago was approved in February. Checked on it a couple months ago they said it was pending. Just requested they resend the approved paperwork. See how long that takes !

Did you ask why in the hell it would take 6 weeks to notify the dealer?
I certainly would have.

Did you file via mail or online? Perhaps you could check the online system and see if they have your info on there.

Back
Top Bottom