• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5 grendel build/barrel questions

You need to call ARP. AR Performance. Be has been developing Grendel.and 6.8 barrels for a long time. I have used several of his barrels over the last 6 or 7 years. Even though it might out of stock call him anyway. He does that to limit the orders he has to process. He know those barrels up and down. I would rule out Faxon right off the bat. Ballistic Advantage is a contender seeing is they have a 1 MOA GUARANTEE.AF 100 YARDS of course. I would say talk to ARP and then choose between those two.
Why no Faxon? Any solid evidence? User preference? I've built my last 7 AR's off their barrels and have loved the results I've been getting.

I just built mine. I ordered a 18” Davidson defense complete upper and got a a 6.5 BCG and a couple of mags and put it on a spare lower I have and boom . Sighted it in and smacking our 8” square 425rd plate with it every shoot.

They might be ok on the 6.5 grengy but in the 6.8 circle they are not held in high regard. If I was building I would go with Ranier arms ultra match but you will pay for a nice one.

They might be ok on the 6.5 grengy but in the 6.8 circle they are not held in high regard. If I was building I would go with Ranier arms ultra match but you will pay for a nice one.

I have shot ARP, Saturn/Liberty and a few other 6.5g barrels and all did well.

I have shot 6.5 caliber rifles years before the were "cool" and the 6.5g can turn out some serious performance for its size.

6.8spc was optimized for killing power and accuracy out of a short barrel at combat distances.
(Yes I dabbled with the 6.8 and 6.5g and each has its good and bad points.)

I have several ARP barrels and have no complaints about the way any of them shoot.

If you order a barrel try to get a matched head spaced bolt with it.

Can you point me in the direction of 6.8 Faxon barrels?

I have shot ARP, Saturn/Liberty and a few other 6.5g barrels and all did well.

I have shot 6.5 caliber rifles years before the were "cool" and the 6.5g can turn out some serious performance for its size.

6.8spc was optimized for killing power and accuracy out of a short barrel at combat distances.
(Yes I dabbled with the 6.8 and 6.5g and each has its good and bad points.)

I have several ARP barrels and have no complaints about the way any of them shoot.

If you order a barrel try to get a matched head spaced bolt with it.

And can you point me in the direction of ARP 6.5 barrels?

I just know ARP barrels. I haven't heard a lot of bad press on them. I have have guys I know not happy with Faxon. One had to get three replaced. BA barrels are also great barrels.

I just know ARP barrels. I haven't heard a lot of bad press on them. I have have guys I know not happy with Faxon. One had to get three replaced. BA barrels are also great barrels.

https://www.ar15performance.com/

ARP has a habit of ordering barrels and other things in batches.
He may or may not have the 6.5g barrels

The owner goes by Constructor on the 6.8 forum and has his own industry forum on the websight.

The forum use to be owned and operated by Wilson Combat but I haven't frequented it in a long time.

Supply and demand seems to be the defining factor on 6.5g builds.

Back
Top Bottom