• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

6.5 grendel build/barrel questions

Zforzachariah14

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have or know someone that has shot a grendel hunter 6.5? Was looking at complete uppers but I could also build one granted I didn't need a whole lot of tools for the gas black or whatever else it may take to build. Of the three barrels, anyone have reviews with Faxon, Odin works or Satern/Liberty barrels? Is there a better option for 6.5 in the 2-350$ price range for barrels?

I run a 20 inch heavy fluted faxon barrel in 6.5 grendel. I get right at 1 moa or over shooting 5 round groups. I also have a 12 inch faxon gunner profile barrel. I've ran that both suppressed and with just a flash hider. Haven't really tried to group with that beyond resting the mag on the ground and shooting with a 3x magnified red dot. That gives me about 2.5 moa 5 round groups. Feel I could do better with a bipod or higher magnification optic. btw I was using 123gr Hornady SST.

The 12 inch is my hunting rifle. The 20 is my precision rifle.

Faxon, Ballistic Advantage, or if you're a member of the 65grendel forums, they are running a group buy on Lilja barrels right now.

A 12" Faxon is what I run for hunting.

IS there any advantage for running a 16 or 18" barrel for accuracy versus the 12"? I understand the longer the barrel the more velocity you can get..

I have a Aero/ Ballistic Advantage 18" and it is a "do all" barrel. On the bench using 120gn ELD over 27.8gn of H335 it shoots .875 avg or less MOA all day!! If I dial the dope out to 400 yards I can hit a 12" plate all day long. I use this gun for my deer rifle as well.

You need to call ARP. AR Performance. Be has been developing Grendel.and 6.8 barrels for a long time. I have used several of his barrels over the last 6 or 7 years. Even though it might out of stock call him anyway. He does that to limit the orders he has to process. He know those barrels up and down. I would rule out Faxon right off the bat. Ballistic Advantage is a contender seeing is they have a 1 MOA GUARANTEE.AF 100 YARDS of course. I would say talk to ARP and then choose between those two.

You need to call ARP. AR Performance. Be has been developing Grendel.and 6.8 barrels for a long time. I have used several of his barrels over the last 6 or 7 years. Even though it might out of stock call him anyway. He does that to limit the orders he has to process. He know those barrels up and down. I would rule out Faxon right off the bat. Ballistic Advantage is a contender seeing is they have a 1 MOA GUARANTEE.AF 100 YARDS of course. I would say talk to ARP and then choose between those two.

The last I checked ARP does not make 6.5 grendel barrels. In fact they spend their time bashing Grendel. And there is nothing wrong with Faxon barrels.

I run an Odin works and it’s phenomenal. They make quality parts. Their timetable brake works really well.
E3436626-CDF7-4AE7-B7FC-E0E7DBBB587D.jpeg

Attachments

• 254C7AF8-75AA-4562-9C41-DD2137E04E90.jpeg
    254C7AF8-75AA-4562-9C41-DD2137E04E90.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 46
  • B22E6D8A-BA9A-4C0F-AB8A-2ABE6CC7A008.jpeg
    B22E6D8A-BA9A-4C0F-AB8A-2ABE6CC7A008.jpeg
    64.9 KB · Views: 46
Back
Top Bottom