• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5th annual Trout stream meet and greet 5/17-19 (direction’s in post #38)

My gf and I will be there that Friday as well. Hopefully we can make it up there by lunchtime, but thats probably being optimistic knowing how long she takes to get ready to go anywhere. I also have a ton of firewood I can bring.

My gf and I will be there that Friday as well. Hopefully we can make it up there by lunchtime, but thats probably being optimistic knowing how long she takes to get ready to go anywhere. I also have a ton of firewood I can bring.
I'm going to try to leave work at 12 to be up there at a decent time this year!

I'm going to try to leave work at 12 to be up there at a decent time this year!
I am going to try for early Saturday morning in my Wrangler..let me know how to find you..I'm sure your not going to camp by that huge dead pine..I will bring a rod or two but doubt I be fishing much.

4730 Rock Creek Rd, Suches, GA 30572. thats the address for the hatchery, it will get you there. i suggest entering from the hwy 60 side. you can come from the other side over the mountain by camp merrill, but i don't recommend it. very long dirt road driving that way lol.

we should be somewhere in the main free campground area before the hatchery and will try to have a sign/paper plate out, or something that says ODT lol. i may park my truck next to the road, has odt sticker on it and is a 4 door red f150, hard to miss lol.

there is a pay camping area also past the hatchery with some concrete pads and gravel pads for tents. all those have a fire pit, picnic table and lantern hanger.

there are bathrooms (just a toilet, no shower) at each camping area, bring your own TP though. its usually "clean", but rarely stocked.

hopefully we can get a spot near enough to walk to the bathrooms lol, if not its driving if ya gotta go and dont like the woods lol. if you camp at the pay sites the bathrooms are a stones throw from any of the pads.

4730 Rock Creek Rd, Suches, GA 30572. thats the address for the hatchery, it will get you there. i suggest entering from the hwy 60 side. you can come from the other side over the mountain by camp merrill, but i don't recommend it. very long dirt road driving that way lol.

we should be somewhere in the main free campground area before the hatchery and will try to have a sign/paper plate out, or something that says ODT lol. i may park my truck next to the road, has odt sticker on it and is a 4 door red f150, hard to miss lol.

there is a pay camping area also past the hatchery with some concrete pads and gravel pads for tents. all those have a fire pit, picnic table and lantern hanger.

there are bathrooms (just a toilet, no shower) at each camping area, bring your own TP though. its usually "clean", but rarely stocked.

hopefully we can get a spot near enough to walk to the bathrooms lol, if not its driving if ya gotta go and dont like the woods lol. if you camp at the pay sites the bathrooms are a stones throw from any of the pads.
I just got on to post this! Can’t wait to see you up there next weekend, the weather looks like it will be great! Hopefully we’ll fill the coolers up with some trout!

Back
Top Bottom