• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

50 Beowulf, and Bear Creek Arsenal

PA4476

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
168   0
Reaction score
SO, UPS ran yesterday. Brought a Bear Creek Arsenal upper in 50 Beowulf, some Underwood 350 gr 50 cal ammo, Starline brass, and Lee case trimmer. USPS delivered the reloading dies the day before.

I was nervous about the BCA upper, they are way cheaper than most all other brands, and they just recently had that run in with ICE because of some of their workers. But, I decided to give them a try. Hell, I can always send it back if it's not all I expected.

It looks real good. I put it on a lower with a full length stock and stuck a small red dot on it. Cycling it, everything seemed good, I have a P80 mag made for 50 B, so I loaded 5 rounds and cycled them through, still seems fine.

I set up a piece of 3/8'' aluminum, 6'' dia. Stepped out to 40 yards and punched a hole through it. (I know, al is super soft, so it's no big thing to punch through it) Still though, an impressive hole was made. I had to set it back up since the shot knocked it down. Done it 2 more times, then just picked out a rock on the back stop to take 2 more shots at. So, after 5 rounds, all seems good.

The one thing I did notice, the ejection port dust cover won't stay closed. They mill out the port a little bigger to allow the larger case to eject, so the detente barley catches. It will clip shut, but just bumping the side of the rifle causes it to pop open. I have a new cover with 50 Beowulf etched on it ordered, so we'll see if it works any better. I have a Radical Arms 458 SOCOM upper, and the port is opened up on it also, but it stays closed like it should.

This is the upper I ordered. Since Alexander Arms has a patent on "50 Beowulf", BCA sells theirs as a 12.7X42 cal. To avoid infringement.
https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bc...e-length-gas-system-1-20-twist-w-15-mlok-rail

erggvrefver.jpg
ergergggg.jpg
FullSizeR.jpg
sdsdfs.jpg
rfrer.jpg

Nice review. Where did you find your ammo as I've been thinking about one again? I shot one of the early ones from Alexander Arms when they had just came on the market.

I have bought 6 uppers from Bear Creek, .223, .300 Blackout, 12.7x42 (.50 Beowulf), (two) 450 Bushmaster, and a .350 Legend. My preference is the side charging. Excellent customer service, great quality and have had zero problems. I really like the new bolt charging handle on the current side chargers.

Back
Top Bottom