• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

5$ stamp

Gator85

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
32   0
Reaction score
I have looked and looked but can’t find a direct answer. Looking at buying an aow on here that requires it. What and how do I apply and get the stamp? Is there a wait? Thank you all.

Are you filing as an individual or are you getting a trust? Thats the first order of business. Second, is this coming from a private party or a dealer? $5 stamp for AOW's. VERY long wait.

I have looked and looked but can’t find a direct answer. Looking at buying an aow on here that requires it. What and how do I apply and get the stamp? Is there a wait? Thank you all.

If you're both in the same state, go find yourself a FFL with SOT, and have them help you with the paperwork. They'll likely charge you $25-$50 for the effort, but in the end it is money well spent if this is your first time making a NFA purchase. If you or the seller are very familiar with the process you don't *need* to use a dealer, you can fill out the Form 4 on your own.

Here are the steps that will happen.
- You'll pay the seller their asking price* for the AOW
- You find a FFL/SOT to fill out the Form 4 transferring the AOW from the seller to you. (The Form 4 is asking permission from the BATFE)
- The Form 4 gets sent to the BATFE along with $5 for AOW. $200 for Suppressor, MG, SBR/SBS, & DD
- You wait until the BATFE approves the Form 4 (the seller will get notification) This may take 6-12 months.
- You then get to take possession of the AOW.

*Alternately, in some cases in these non-dealer NFA transactions, the seller may agree to take 50% of the payment up front and the other 50% once the Form 4 clears and buyer can take possession of the NFA device.

Back
Top Bottom