• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4th annual trout stream meet and greet

What weekend

• 5/18/-5/20

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • 5/25-5/27

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
The gf and I got up there a little before 2pm on Friday. Took her on a tour of the hatchery and then went and set up our hammocks. We had a paper plate on a stick out front that said ODT on it, but it did fall down a couple times. It started raining shortly after we set up, but only lasted about 30 minutes. Went back down to the hatchery and fished for a couple hours and caught 10 nice brook trout.

It started raining again around 2:30am Saturday morning, but it stopped about 7:30am and didnt rain again til Sunday afternoon around 2:30 or so. We caught about 18 trout on Saturday, but a few were too small to keep. I did end up catching the biggest rainbow I've ever caught. Had a great evening sitting around a campfire and eating trout with hikingthehills hikingthehills and his family. We didnt even wet a line on Sunday, but we did make a trip down to the swinging bridge over the Toccoa River.

Overall, we had a great time and can't wait to get back up there again. Still a bit surprised so many people chickened out because of the weather forecast.

20180518_191422.jpg
20180519_110848.jpg
20180519_193824.jpg
IMG_8695.jpg
20180519_110829.jpg

The gf and I got up there a little before 2pm on Friday. Took her on a tour of the hatchery and then went and set up our hammocks. We had a paper plate on a stick out front that said ODT on it, but it did fall down a couple times. It started raining shortly after we set up, but only lasted about 30 minutes. Went back down to the hatchery and fished for a couple hours and caught 10 nice brook trout.

It started raining again around 2:30am Saturday morning, but it stopped about 7:30am and didnt rain again til Sunday afternoon around 2:30 or so. We caught about 18 trout on Saturday, but a few were too small to keep. I did end up catching the biggest rainbow I've ever caught. Had a great evening sitting around a campfire and eating trout with hikingthehills hikingthehills and his family. We didnt even wet a line on Sunday, but we did make a trip down to the swinging bridge over the Toccoa River.

Overall, we had a great time and can't wait to get back up there again. Still a bit surprised so many people chickened out because of the weather forecast.

View attachment 1632969 View attachment 1632970 View attachment 1632971 View attachment 1632973 View attachment 1632975
Looks like you also went to the deep hole! Well done, look forward to seeing you and your lovely next year

I just got home from the cabin (Tue)Phillip I never saw your truck and I road all over the creek and around the lake,I got your message and I returned the call.I'll give you a call on Wed.-jerry

Back
Top Bottom