• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4th annual trout stream meet and greet

What weekend

• 5/18/-5/20

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • 5/25-5/27

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
I'm afraid we're out. My son and I both have horrible sinus colds and with an 80% chance of thunderstorms both fri and sat it doesn't look good for us.

I have a plan for that, wont be the first time. I'm leaving out hopefully by 9am, so I should be up there around 11 or 11:30 at the latest. Still debating if I should go by walmart on the way up and grab one of those $40 pop-up 10x10 ft canopies.

I am bringing some extra tarps and rope to make covered areas. I should be there about 3

Met a couple of ODT brothers at Rock Creek early this morning. Nice overcast day but no rain yet. Caught my limit and headed back home. Live up here and fish it as often as I can. Come on and have a great weekend. They stocked Brook Trout this go around and they are beautiful.

Due to the weather I can’t make it up there this time. I don’t want the kids first camping trip to be one of where they are either under a trap most of the day, or soaking wet. If there is a part two before the end of the summer I would be down to go.

Arrived there at 09:15 drove to the Y fork 4 miles past the lake, turned around and ran into Jay aka hamburglar3 hamburglar3 and went to his camp and greeted by drewga11 drewga11 and his lovely. Beautiful day sunshine and hardly anyone there, Kept looking for Jerry aka @carver did not find him. Took Hamburglar3 and went to my secret honey hole, Hoping Jerry would find my truck..Within 10 minutes fish on, rainbow stowed it in the cooler. Jay hooked a rainbow that did not want to leave the water and is still there..Within 30 minutes 7 or 8 people parked and invaded us on both sides..No more fish only saw one out of all land one. So much for my honey hole, but in all truth the water was muddy from all the rain the night before. It was a beautiful day and I left about 1:00. Hope all is ok @carver, I called when I finally had cell reception and left you a message. Figured I would see hikingthehills hikingthehills since it was such a beautiful day, as luck would find it, that did not happen. They predicted 80% thunderstorms and rain, not! On another note coming home, saw that half of our monster squash planted by my bride were destroyed, due to the hammering storm we had at the house last night. Looking forward to the next adventure..

What a great weekend! Met a couple odt folks on the creek. Couple really nice folks. Had a blast. Never saw where any odt folks were camping. Ate a ton of venison backstrap and bacon wrapped whole trout first night. Made lots of blackened trout tacos 2nd night. Made fresh doughnuts in cast iron on the fire both nights. First time I've done that and they turned out awesome. Those stocked trout are too green to bite on flies. Used my emmrod with bubblegum and powerbait all weekend. Had a great time. Maybe next year I'll get a chance to hang out with more of ya!

Back
Top Bottom