• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

44 Mag & 44 Spl load data w/Magtech 240gr sjsp

marksman17

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Meal Team 6 Pro
53   0
Reaction score
Does anyone have reloading data for the Magtech 44 projectiles for 44 mag and 44 Spl with titegroup powder? Can’t find definitive data out there on this projectile. I have a lot of titegroup to use up and powder is short everywhere as we all know. Figured I’d ask before using a substitute projectile of similar specs. Any info would be appreciated.
upload_2020-8-10_21-8-16.png

upload_2020-8-10_21-7-36.png

I checked all my reload books: Lyman, Speer, Nosler... and Titegroup is not a powder listed. It figures since there are a lot of better powders for the 44mag, so the only load data you may get is from the Hodgdon site.

Do you plan on just loading plinking loads? The pressures are extremely low with the Hodgdon data on the webpage. I wouldn't worry about it, should work fine, you have a lot of room for error. Just make sure the bullet exits the bore. The jacketed have more friction than the cast do.

Rosewood

Do you plan on just loading plinking loads? The pressures are extremely low with the Hodgdon data on the webpage. I wouldn't worry about it, should work fine, you have a lot of room for error. Just make sure the bullet exits the bore. The jacketed have more friction than the cast do.

Rosewood
yea mainly target shooting. Dont hunt with it and its a little hard to carry a 6.5 inch N frame 629

in my 10 inch ruger super blackhawk for nra pistol silhouette matches i load 6.0 of titegroup with a 240gr cast lead bullet. use the same load with a 240gr plated bullet. runs around 950 fps across my chronograph. groups very good on all four animals (40/50/75/100 meters). not hard shooting. i gone down as far as 5.5 gr of titegroup. don't remember how high i went, but it was some where around 1,200 fps. got the data in the load file. just to hot for a 40 round match.

Back
Top Bottom