• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

401k-Roth IRA- company doesn't have matching.....????

i've always thought the same. i always heard from folks. "max out your contribution for your 401k". if i did that i would have a very nice retirement portfolio while living in a card board box
One reason I've been living in the Macongo region was so I could max out my contributions in the company's 401k. They matched 100% for the first 5% if memory serves. Maxing it has made me 50% less stressed about saving for retirement. Macon is a horrible city but its cheap cost of living has allowed me to save a lot of money.

One reason I've been living in the Macongo region was so I could max out my contributions in the company's 401k. They matched 100% for the first 5% if memory serves. Maxing it has made me 50% less stressed about saving for retirement. Macon is a horrible city but its cheap cost of living has allowed me to save a lot of money.

i max out what my company will match (also 100% but only to 4%) so thats done easily with the general rule of 10% of salary.

The one fiscal thing I hope to instill in my son is, save a material percentage of your income and don't waver, ever. Unless you go up. You can't miss what you never had.
OP, max out that Roth then do what you can from there. Put every raise/bonus in it until you get to a double digit percentage that builds a projected fund large enough to fund how ever many post retirement years you believe you'll be vertical. Once you have that number go check what extended geriatric care costs and start saving more.

The one fiscal thing I hope to instill in my son is, save a material percentage of your income and don't waver, ever. Unless you go up. You can't miss what you never had.
OP, max out that Roth then do what you can from there. Put every raise/bonus in it until you get to a double digit percentage that builds a projected fund large enough to fund how ever many post retirement years you believe you'll be vertical. Once you have that number go check what extended geriatric care costs and start saving more.
What’s a raise and bonus?

Back
Top Bottom