• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

4 wheeler places to ride

Iron mountain near Dahlonega is supposed to be good. Durhamtown plantation out I20 east is good, I have been there a few times.

Took my son to Iron Mountian, had a blast until we got into the muddy part of the park. He got stuck, and go frustrated, I had to wade into knee deep mud and carry him out. He lost his shoe and was miserable. Then get the ATV's unstuck.

If you do go to Iron Mountain, make sure you understand the map, and ask about the muddiest trails, which are on the south/east side. Or go in a group, and have a vehicle with a winch.

Took my son to Iron Mountian, had a blast until we got into the muddy part of the park. He got stuck, and go frustrated, I had to wade into knee deep mud and carry him out. He lost his shoe and was miserable. Then get the ATV's unstuck.

If you do go to Iron Mountain, make sure you understand the map, and ask about the muddiest trails, which are on the south/east side. Or go in a group, and have a vehicle with a winch.

thanks for the advice, is it possible to go around the deep mud on the trails?
I hate cleaning up my ATV after it has been in mud over about a foot deep.

thanks for the advice, is it possible to go around the deep mud on the trails?
I hate cleaning up my ATV after it has been in mud over about a foot deep.

If you look at the map online, the right hand side, all labeled with "exit" and one way arrows is the muddy part of the park. Thats the lowest elevation, and its more swampy than the rest of the park. And NO, its not possible to go around the deepest mud, you are in dense trees and the trail is right thru 2ft deep mud.

Just say up in the higher elevation parts of the park, its pretty big, and lots of places to go, just dont go into the swampy area. If you get to a muddy/wooded section, turn around.

Back
Top Bottom