• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3rd annual trout stream meet and greet

Me and Wes finished that bottle of Dickel off last night and I didn't even feel like a total turd this morning. I left before he climbed out of bed so I don't know how he turned out. You ok buddy? I hate that I missed Phil DinkyDau DinkyDau and all the folks at the uppity camp ground. Had a great time even though the weather was crap. My bed was dry and warm all night though.

We should plan odt outings more often

Lol @ uppity campground!

Sorry I missed you and several others, I hope all like the Smoked Trout Dip..

DinkyDau DinkyDau - OMG the smoked trout dip was wonderful, thank you from both me and the wife. I want you to know Wes divided it up fairly, I even made him tap the spoon empty, lol. :becky:

Wife wants the recipe, but she'll want me to make it and I can't picture it's a quick process. It tasted too good to be something you can make quick. So I'm gonna tell her you won't give it to me, because it's a family secret. :becky:

I have to say we were really amazed that it didn't just taste like a fish dip.
You could definitely taste that it was trout!

Me and Wes finished that bottle of Dickel off last night and I didn't even feel like a total turd this morning. I left before he climbed out of bed so I don't know how he turned out. You ok buddy? I hate that I missed Phil DinkyDau DinkyDau and all the folks at the uppity camp ground. Had a great time even though the weather was crap. My bed was dry and warm all night though.

I felt a lot better than I thought I would but next year I think I'll just stick to beer so I can get up early and hit the trout stream! It was a blast though!

I wish someone would have taken a picture of that Cadillac hammock you had.
I should have looked harder when I was there, it sounds like a really great set up and I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it.....

I wish someone would have taken a picture of that Cadillac hammock you had.
I should have looked harder when I was there, it sounds like a really great set up and I'm not sure I've ever seen anything like it.....
It is a pretty sweet set up. I been hammock camping for years and finally just bought the mack.

The hammock is a Dream Hammock Sparrow two layers heavy duty etc....etc....
http://www.dream-hammock.com/Sparrow.html

My top quilt is a UGQ Flight Jacket 40 degree with the overstuff and footbox...etc....etc
http://www.undergroundquilts.com/40tq/default.html

Underquilt is a UGQ Zeppelin 7/8 length overstuff....etc....etc ...
http://www.undergroundquilts.com/uq/default48.html

Tarp is a UGQ WinterDream 15D membrane 13 ft pole mods etc....etc...
http://www.undergroundquilts.com/winterdream/default.html

You really have so many options to chose from but the ones I settled on make me happy. If you tally up the total cost, don't even tell me, I don't want to know.

It also takes a couple of months to get them

DinkyDau DinkyDau - Ok, if it's not a family secret, I'd like to have the recipe, lol. :becky:

Their are no set amounts, its all about how much fish you use..The amount I brought was around 8 0z of Sour Cream, 3/4 Of a package of Cream Cheese. Then add 1/8 cup of Lemon juice, Two table spoons of Chives, 1 tbs of course Garlic and 1 tsp of Paprika. Make sure the Cream cheese is soft, leave it out for an hr before using..Then it's just a matter of Love and Killing Arthritis due to long blending time.. Taste and add ingredients as needed. Boner appetit!

Back
Top Bottom