• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3rd Annual Rocky Knob Hammer-in

C Rex

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
17   0
Reaction score
Will be held August 3, 2019 at Crawford's Campground in Murphy, NC. 8:00 am to "Quitting time".
Mostly bladesmithing and blacksmithing. Small informal event, burgers, dogs and drinks available on site. May have an Iron in the Hat drawing depends on participants. There will be one Donation Knife raffled off, benefits go to St. Jude Childrens Hospital. Will post a pic a little later.
This event is similar to the earlier Trackrock Hammer-ins when I started them 18 years ago. Lots of fun, simple and uncomplicated.
Contact Crawford's Campground for directions.

Pocket Skinner - blade hand forged from 1095 steel with thumb/finger hole for dexterity control, handle is antler and black locust with copper pins.

Pocket Skinner.jpg

That's a shame. I've gotten quite a few addicted to the fire/hammer/anvil. It is every kid's dream - play with fire, beat stuff with hammers, make a lot of noise, run around sharp pointy things, and get dirty - all the things your Mom wouldn't let you do growing up. What's not to like?
Once my shoulder heals, maybe you can make it down the hill to Acworth some time and give it a try at my shop. There are several good smiths in our area - Kingston, Euharlee, Cartersville, Emerson, Acworth, Dallas, Kennesaw, etc. You'd be surprised how many there are close to you.

Back
Top Bottom