• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3D Printed - Sight Pusher

Freshly Minted Georgian!

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
304   0
Reaction score
As the title says. Captive nut in the frame, bolt head epoxied to a large knob. Carriage is two piece connected with rubber bands on each side. I may rework this to use small nuts/bolts rather than rubber bands but the bands do work surprisingly well. There is also an aluminum bearing plate for the bolt to ride against so it distributes the force, otherwise it would probably dig into the plastic of the carriage.

IMG_0177.jpg
IMG_0178.jpg
IMG_0179.jpg

As the title says. Captive nut in the frame, bolt head epoxied to a large knob. Carriage is two piece connected with rubber bands on each side. I may rework this to use small nuts/bolts rather than rubber bands but the bands do work surprisingly well. There is also an aluminum bearing plate for the bolt to ride against so it distributes the force, otherwise it would probably dig into the plastic of the carriage.

View attachment 3169337 View attachment 3169338 View attachment 3169339
badass!!

Thingiverse is slightly woke, slowly they are purging shooting related stuff over time. If you look at the results for a given search like "reloading" or "ar15" you'll see the counts of items have declined slowly but steadily over the last couple of years. Subsequently I'm not super keen on publishing stuff there. There are still some decent patterns on there, get them while you can is my motto. Since the downloads are free, if you even suspect you might play with a particular design at some point, download it and keep it around. Net new designs I create though OR significant remixes of existing designs to improve them, I usually don't bother uploading them there. Lately I've been eyeballing grabcad which is a more serious CAD site. I may make that my new home.

Example though, 3D G19 frame. Not on Thingaverse. You can locate it other places but you sort of have to dig a bit. I think platforms like Thingaverse are a bit worried some yahoo is gonna print 10 of them and take out a bus full of nuns of something and don't want their name in the press so they quietly deplatform things they don't like. Too much of the tech world does that these days. That's actually why I made the sight pusher though, to install the sight on printed G19.

Thingiverse is slightly woke, slowly they are purging shooting related stuff over time. If you look at the results for a given search like "reloading" or "ar15" you'll see the counts of items have declined slowly but steadily over the last couple of years. Subsequently I'm not super keen on publishing stuff there. There are still some decent patterns on there, get them while you can is my motto. Since the downloads are free, if you even suspect you might play with a particular design at some point, download it and keep it around. Net new designs I create though OR significant remixes of existing designs to improve them, I usually don't bother uploading them there. Lately I've been eyeballing grabcad which is a more serious CAD site. I may make that my new home.

I feel you there, I just name them different and they don’t get caught or removed...kinda blows but hey it’s a free stl site and I’m always looking for more and to spread the designs I find or modify

Back
Top Bottom