• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

.308 Sizing Die Issue

Long weekend and busy at work.

I am 99.9% sure this is the problem. But I believe it’s the timing of the turret. I noticed that when it advanced it wasn’t lining up correctly, and I believe the decapping rod was hitting the primer pocket off-center. I pulled the rod and it ran smoothly. I did use the case wax instead of the one shot but I doubt it would’ve been that drastically different. Every cycle of the handle the shellplate is off center and I have to nudge it to advance far enough.

I’ll just have to figure out the turret adjustments and should be good to go. I appreciate all the suggestions.
I hadn't considered that.

I resize all my rifle brass on a single stage. Then load on the progressive. I do use the progressive for straight wall pistol brass, but for bottle necked cartridges, it just seems better to size on a single stage.

I did have an issue with shell plate (.308/45ACP plate) on my Dillon 550b that was indexed off center on one of the stages. Had the issue for years with primers not lining up before I figured out the problem. Dillon sent me a knew one after I called them.

Rosewood

Consider a beefier cam wire guide for $3 plus shipping, the original is pretty flimsy and if it snaps, you are out of commission until further notice.

As well as the Inlinefab Skylight which also comes with an additional 6” led flat light. It works and really helps

also, a .07 lock washer for the shell plate/screw to keep the plate from getting lose and wobbly after 800 consecutive loading rounds.

When swapping out shell plates, back the shell plate screw out and set on the table, lift off the plate, and the tension spring will fall off. This will let you basically keep the same shell plate spring indefinitely. When reinstalling a new shell plate, set the plate in, screw it down with the lock washer, and THEN lightly wrap the shell plate spring around and hold your finger down on the spring while activating the lever to raise the ram. As the plate turns, the spring will go down under the shell plate effortlessly.

Clean it
Long weekend and busy at work.

I am 99.9% sure this is the problem. But I believe it’s the timing of the turret. I noticed that when it advanced it wasn’t lining up correctly, and I believe the decapping rod was hitting the primer pocket off-center. I pulled the rod and it ran smoothly. I did use the case wax instead of the one shot but I doubt it would’ve been that drastically different. Every cycle of the handle the shellplate is off center and I have to nudge it to advance far enough.

I’ll just have to figure out the turret adjustments and should be good to go. I appreciate all the suggestions.
all real good, spray brake cleaner gets the powder out

Back
Top Bottom