• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

300 BLK SBR upper advice needed

ga_trucklvr

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
24   0
Reaction score
OK. Form 1 filled out and submitted. Time to start shopping for the upper for my 300 BLK SBR. I had planned to go with the AAC 9 in. complete upper but lately I have been looking at the 8.5 in. complete upper from CMMG. Has anyone had experience with either of these? Going to be adding an AAC QD mount to whichever one I decide on as I have a SDN 6 also in the works.

Please do not make this an AAC bashing thread. I know some out there dislike them as a company for some reason or another but, I am looking for feedback if you have ever owned one of these uppers or an upper from one of these two companies.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
I don't know about the 9" AAC upper but I have the 16" upper and run a SDN6 and couldn't be happier. As soon as get off my butt and put in my Form 1 I'll be trading in my 16" for the 9", or maybe a Noveske.:D

We have sold a couple of both. The CMMG runs $650, with a Midwest Industries quad rail. In fact there is one at the shop.

We also have just the barrel assembly if you wanted to build it.

The AAC 9" is pricey $950, but is has a Knights Armament URX rail and comes with the 51T mount.

I personally run the AAC barrel with a DD rail.

It runs great in all setups.

Both are 1x8 twist, and the CMMG is actually a 8.5".

Rich

AAC 9" here. Runs great! Hunt with it...I get a lot of looks at camp for that;). My experience with AAC has been good in the past, no bashing here (except for the shoot being in memphis last year)!

I just picked up a 9" AAC upper. I've played with a lot of rails, and the URX 3 is a pretty nice one. Do some math on what you get and you'll see that the AAC upper is priced pretty reasonably. I'll have a little more feedback tomorrow after I get a few rounds down range.

We are going to start offering complete 8.5-9.5 uppers with YHM & Troy Ind. Forearms. Price will be competitive
and the accuracy has been shown. These were at short distance. 75 yrds.

2012-07-21_08-57-06_105.jpg

I've had at less 10 uppers from when jd Jones started with the whisper. I've had cheap model one thru noveske and by far the best two I've owned or still do is a rr I changed the barrel out with a 16in ar15barrel.com barrel with a pistol port and my cream of the crop is my 10.2 noveske upper. It also has a pistol port gas block. It shoots as good or better than my 16in gun. The extra 200 you would put in this upper is well worth the money. I liked my AAC upper but it was temperamental. All the uppers a mostly made the same way but my biggest advise I would give is get a pistol port upper it eats everything no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom