• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

3 year old female pit, gray/white

I got her back - turns out while she was OK with the new owners kids, she did not enjoy being in a LARGE group of kids and then a 3 year old slapped her.
This makes me sad. Reminds me of when my niece bit my dog in the face, and my dog snapped back at her (missed her eye thank god). What do people expect when you hit an animal.

This makes me sad. Reminds me of when my niece bit my dog in the face, and my dog snapped back at her (missed her eye thank god). What do people expect when you hit an animal.
Exactly... And she didnt even bite the child she just growled and made a snapping motion. I can understand the danger is there, she is a strong dog and could inflict serious/fatal injuries but I dont think she is a concern with children that understand you cannot hit a dog.

So I have had her back for nearly a month without any incidents. I have been very busy and havent really listed her to rehome anywhere else but will probably do that today, figured I would try here one last time before she gets shown on facebook groups. Even though it has been a month OK I would still strongly caution against having her with other females or alpha dogs and definitely small children.

GL. Thanks for full disclosure on the dogs disposition and behavior. Sounds like she is yours for a while unless you find an adult that has a fence with no kids or other animals. Your choices may become more limited if she continues escalated aggression. Pretty dog.

GL. Thanks for full disclosure on the dogs disposition and behavior. Sounds like she is yours for a while unless you find an adult that has a fence with no kids or other animals. Your choices may become more limited if she continues escalated aggression. Pretty dog.
Yea, the last thing I want is for her to go to a new home and hurt/kill another dog or small child. She really is a great dog and I have been struggling with myself to even rehome her but my wife is worried for our first child which is due in a few months. It only takes one snap to mess things up :(

I hate to hear this, but sounds like something triggered?
Yea, I am not sure how to describe it. She was great and playful, still is but for some reason she is out for blood concerning my other female. I have always played 'rough' with them - tug-o-war, growling stuff but my dogs play aggressive but never bit or anything until one day she snapped. I had a German Shepherd for years and he kept them in line, it started about 1.5 months after his passing from old age so I think she decided she wants to try an be the alpha to them which is bizarre because she follows my orders as though she is my beta. She lives 24/7 with another male and interacts daily with a second male and does great but with the female... not good at all.

I will say, based on how she is since I got her I do believe she was abused at some point. She is terribly afraid of most men and will act tough but will also get so scared she pisses herself if cornered.

Back
Top Bottom