• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2nd annual Trout stream meet and greet

I sure do wish we could have spent more time at your camp site. we had 4 dogs to tend too and we spent our last day with each other (if you know what I mean).
Wish I had got a chance to see you, while out fishing I missed y'all and @renagadeinjun . I was hoping to get a chance to see all yall.

Wish I had got a chance to see you, while out fishing I missed y'all and @renagadeinjun . I was hoping to get a chance to see all yall.

looks like you did pretty good fishin by the looks of that stringer in your pictures. maybe we can go camping another time this summer???

Gotta do it again in May, as it will be warmer; but most importantly there was a promise of turkey bacon.
image.jpeg

DinkyDau DinkyDau - Rumor has it you came for a visit and we missed you. Sorry, wife wanted to see the swinging bridge ....

SAR 6114 SAR 6114 - Maybe we can get that RV of yours a little closer next time, you and your wife would have made good company around the fire.....
I have to apologize, I arrived at Hikingthehills site ate 08:30 to find all and I mean all, other than the two hot dogs asleep. Well not quite true, one little young lady did look out of the tent and I said hello..Checked up and down the road to the end then came back and found Wes up making a fire. I pushed myself to early from not feeling to well and coming out to enjoy. He had just started to make a fire, I wanted to go to my special spot to get some dinner. As things would have it I stopped by where Biker Bill was at according to Wes and he was gone..If the Popup was their spot at the campground. Went on to my spot, secret that is and found it to be destroyed with blow downs and log jams. Carrying my small cooler full, two rods, and net. Went the 30 yards making my own trail and by the time I got there, I was worn out. I took my Rooster tail 1/8 oz and tossed it next to the second log jam, Bam I was hooked up with a 14 incher,,,.Yes 14. Put him is the cooler and was worn out. As this was going to be a day to remember in not a good way, things went south. A gust of wind came up so hard the the gravel road on the other side of the creek was building with a monster cloud of dust, coming my way. I pulled my hat down and jacket up over my face, and then it happened. I heard a crack as the 50 plus mph wind and dirt hit, A limb from the pine next to me decided to make me it's target. The cracking noise was from it, about 5 inches think and 10 foot plus long greeted my head from I don't know how far above. Lucking part is the hat cushioned the blow my head took. I decided I had gone fishing before my health was up to par..I tried to call Wes and no phone service, it took all I had to make it to the truck. I went home and hated doing it, so many I wanted to meet and spend time with..I look forward to the next time, I want to try one of those Bacon Taco's..Sorry I had to leave!

Back
Top Bottom