• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22lr meet and greet - with a twist

Subscribed. What a great idea. My kid is 9 weeks old but maybe I can bring by brother and 2 nephews. One just built his very first 10/22 :)

I'll donate some ammo as well. I don't have oodles of it but I can probably match what we are expected to shoot for another shooter.

Subscribed. What a great idea. My kid is 9 weeks old but maybe I can bring by brother and 2 nephews. One just built his very first 10/22 :)

I'll donate some ammo as well. I don't have oodles of it but I can probably match what we are expected to shoot for another shooter.
Im trying to decide if my 1 yr old boy is too young :rolleyes:. I can hardly wait for the first shoot with him.
Anyone a member or have some pull at Griffin GC? Think that would be a good central location
@tazfxrp

I was chatting with Shrek926 Shrek926 . After some back and forth, ended on how the shooting sports is doing a terrible job of bringing new shooters into the sport. I feel like we do a good job taking care of kids who show up to an event, but don't do much of anything to bring more in from ground zero.

So, Shrek had a great idea. How bout a 22lr meet and greet, and you need to bring a kid. Of course, you can bring your own kiddos, but even better, bring one of their friends as well. Entire family if they would want to join. Preferably from a household that does not expose them to 2A and shooting sports.

FWIS, I do realize that there are good places for kids to go learn how to shoot, like Project Appleseed. We want to do something a lil different. Think family reunion style. Depending on interest and such, possibly do a pig roast and pot luck lunch/dinner as well. Keep the whole thing family-oriented.

Any interest here? I can bring some rifles and pistols of various types and would be happy to donate some ammo to the cause.

I brought this up awhile back about hosting an event like that at the range in South Fulton.

Im trying to decide if my 1 yr old boy is too young :rolleyes:. I can hardly wait for the first shoot with him.

I waited until my kids were 5yrs old. Then we went to the range. We shot a gun or two, but we weren't trying to learn any marksmanship. We just made some noise and some brass.
I waited that long because at 5 they have a decent attention span and they listen to you.

I brought this up awhile back about hosting an event like that at the range in South Fulton.

We talked at length about it today. Griffin Gun Club, South River, Riverbend... all have perfect facilities for it. We just don’t know anyone who can make contact as a member to get us a location locked in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I waited until my kids were 5yrs old. Then we went to the range. We shot a gun or two, but we weren't trying to learn any marksmanship. We just made some noise and some brass.
I waited that long because at 5 they have a decent attention span and they listen to you.

My now 14 year olds first trip when she was 6 and her now.
ce5b12c8c91bc465560bc50709ec96ac.jpg

0b9de8dda8a24ba973fa566315b64030.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom