• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Status
Not open for further replies.
The agent explicitly said I am not being investigated and that its clear I unknowingly traded for said firearms, which I no longer have.

Dang! I wish you could share their ODT name. Just my opinion, but if I were in your shoes and the agent specifically stated the above, I wouldn't worry at all. I would certainly cooperate just like you're doing. You didn't do anything wrong. I guess I might reach out to a lawyer just to be safe, but I think you're fine.

Hotgunz is not worth much in my opinion. I guess it is better than nothing but they only lists those guns that are specifically reported stolen by the owners. Most people don't even know it exists so a very small percentage of stolen guns ever get reported to them. Most people at best report them to the local police and that is as far as it goes. It is a shame that LE can't or won't report to hotgunz so that the rest of us have some way of checking before buying.

Agreed!

Hi Everyone,

I got a call from an ATF agent this morning. Apparently they are investigating a an ODT member who is accused of selling stolen guns. They subpoenaed ODT who has sent them thousands of PMs, some of which are with me having traded for one of said firearms in the past.

Do I need a lawyer? The agent explicitly said I am not being investigated and that its clear I unknowingly traded for said firearms, which I no longer have.

What would you all do?

Isn't that the same thing they told Michael Flynn???

It's not that you're doing anything wrong. Just that if you get a lawyer they'd probably prefer if you didn't communicate about any part of the case. Doesn't matter if you did anything wrong or not, it makes their job easier is all. I'm not lawyer, just what I'd assume one would say. And regardless if you didn't do anything wrong, if you're dealing with the ATF I'd want a lawyer anyways just in case.

He is dealing with the ATF even if he has done nothing he should at least talk to a lawyer. the ATF does not have his interest at heart. Only the ATF's interest.

Personally I wouldn't worry to much till subpoena or till served. You're not the first and won't be the last to talk to the ATF. I did a deal with a guy on here that said he had sold a gun to a guy that sold it to a guy that sold it to a guy then it ended up in the back of a TV headed to another country. They're probably just checking it's path through life.

Can you reveal the rough location of the seller? Area of Georgia, county, city??

Example if he is in Athens, and I haven't done any deals there, I can sleep easier tonight. Or, Macon, Rome, Columbus, Atlanta....don't want to point the finger at anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom