• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

223/5.56

I hope there is a "next summer". The fiat currency monetary system has been in a state of decline especially since 1971 before the Virus hoax and subsequent fiat-currency creation/inflation.....some $12t created under conservative Trump. I am afraid it will reach the avalanche stage before that. How it actually plays out is anyone's guess.

No one thought prices would come back down after 2013 and Sandy Hook. They did in 2016 and stayed low (like inflation) until 2020.

The price of ammo is a simple supply and demand curve. The supply is constant, whether there's demand or not, you have to keep those lines moving. It's why ammo companies don't build new plants to meet transient supply problems, and it's why they keep making ammo when demand is in the crapper, as it has been since 2016.

$136.58/68¢ per round shipped/no tax is really the cheapest? That sucks.. Good thing I have enough to load 20k in a mix 55's,62's, & 77's! All for at most 24¢ ea.
Exactly! When ammo is dirt cheap, it doesn't make sense for me to load 9mm Luger. But, these days I'm loading it for under $0.15 per round with components I bought years ago. Making match grade .308 at under $0.60 per round and match grade .338LM for under $1.10 per round is pretty nice too!

Back
Top Bottom