• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

22 stock id. please help.

What about a Weatherby Mark XXII ?

Attachments

• B071B948-CF4D-4817-B0F4-513269195A65.jpeg
    B071B948-CF4D-4817-B0F4-513269195A65.jpeg
    559.5 KB · Views: 9
I was think Marlin maybe. The middle hole out of the three fastener holes should a indentation on both sides. The barrel and trigger group are separate Frome each other so the middle hole would keep the trigger and trigger guard assembly all as one on the stock and just the barrel and bolt and tube fed mag all come apart from stock. It could be a their party Marlin. Malin made it for a different co. like you said Western Auto. There's been so many little changes that have been done since that gun started it's crazy so I'm going to stay closer to Marlin than anything else that I'm seeing. I know I looked for 45 minutes to an hour last night to find an exact replica but couldn't.
the recoil pad is marlin but that "wide open space" got me... just guessing ; 22 mag

Not a Marlin 990 either.
For two reasons: one-- the cut out in the m990 stock doesn't seem to be as wide as the opening you've shown in your stock that you refinished.
2-- The stock does not have semi circular cut away portions or recesses to let your fingers get to the crossbolt safety.

Not a Marlin 990 either.
For two reasons: one-- the cut out in the m990 stock doesn't seem to be as wide as the opening you've shown in your stock that you refinished.
2-- The stock does not have semi circular cut away portions or recesses to let your fingers get to the crossbolt safety.
Check out the opening on the one shown in this picture it is not nearly as large

Attachments

• 20211014_184857.jpg
    20211014_184857.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 8
Update it definitely has a Marlin butt pad on it maybe some type of variation for somebody like Western Field or one of the retails. Since it's now finished and I don't have the actual firearm to drop into it it's time for me to get rid of it I just want to know what I'm getting rid of

Are you 100% on that sir?
Not a Marlin 70, with a detachable box magazine located under the bolt.

Yes, I'm sure. The model 70 (like all Marlins with a crossbolt safety, I believe) has a little divot taken out of the wooden stock just behind the trigger to allow your finger better access to the safety button.

That difference is circled in red in the photo.

Marlin Model 70's also have a different type of relief on the wood for the charging handle and ejection port. It's a long shelf that covers the whole receiver before the wood steps back up to a taller height as it goes along the barrel. Not a short cut out section that is notched into the wood only a couple inches long as shown in your stock in the original post.

See the area circled in blue.
DEB1A2AE-3FA2-43AA-94C0-BC0CF8516D91.jpeg
2228B255-8814-4586-89E7-84B46F0F7F07.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom