• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2021 Investment Strategy considerations

173   0
Reaction score
As an investor, I have relied heavily on myself to manage my portfolio. I don't care much for indexes and certainly think less of a fund (like an ETF). Most people dont even know what is in the index nor their fund manager, let alone understand their fund performance overtime.

I have relied on my own "thesis" and my lastest one has done well by me and I thought to share. For me, there has to be a compelling reason "thesis" to make me want a stock. In the past 4 years, and it has served me well..."TESLA" was it. For others, they say Apple, to which i respond: "did you own apple when forest gump said to buy apple" or did you buy apple after iphone 3 and iphone 4? There is a huge difference in valuation of what you are worth today.

My thesis for the next 5 years is simple. 3 steps...

1) Cannabis will be legalized in our lifetime. All this talk about cannabis since the 70's 80's and 90's is now different in this new generation of law makers. IT WILL BE LEGALIZED. When that day comes...you have to ask yourself...did you "accumulate" any stocks? why not? did you buy apple when forrest gump made a comment about apple? probably not...so this is another one of those moments
  • I dont support buying up cannabis growers. To me, it's a commodity. I dont want to pick a brand and risk the wrong brand.
  • Rather, my thesis says...buy GRWG (growth generation) $58.77. This company supports the commercial cannabis growers. They supply the hydroponic plants, the growth farms, the hardware, filtration, water purification...everything needed to grow commercially...and as a hobbyist.
  • There is no amount of "enough" of GRWG stock you can have on hand. Think of them as early Home Depot to the DIY back in the 80's.
  • I also think SSPK (weedmaps) is a serious buy $27.00. Go download the app. It's literally an absolute requirement if you need to find cannibis for sale. They are literally the yellow pages for cannibis. They get paid by the sellers. So this is pretty much a pure profit play for the software company.
2) Electrification is here to stay. Car companies are taking TSLA seriously. Electric cars are here to stay. In what ways did you prepare for this?
  • SBE (switch back energy) $38.08. They own a lot of charging stations. Some company, some day, will buy this company and pay alot of money for their charging stations. Imagine that if electric vehicles are widely adapted, GM buys SBE and exclude FORD and others from using their charging station...it would literally kill off demand for other EV car makers
  • QS (Quantumn Scape) $50.35. Elon is right, there isnt enough battery to support all the electric cars that are being made. That being said, QS is a huge player with solid state batteries. This is a good problem to have, and thus a good stock to own
3) DKNG (Draftking) $60.11. Legalized online betting. Online betting is starting to see the light of day in the US. Several states legalized it. It's a matter of time. Think of all the offshore betting sites that will be forced to shut down when it is legalized. DKNG is the leader in this market. this is a no brainer. The govt will want to tax this revenue stream. It's a no brainer.

Good stuff. I own every one you mentioned except SSPK. I also own a bunch other EV and battery stocks. I’m with you on weed and EV, but also been in 5G stocks for a while. Lastly, I think space stocks will be the next EV and now is a good time to accumulate. There will be ups and downs like EV and weed, but I’m in it for the long haul. ORBC, MAXR, SPCE and a few SPACs.

I started buying EV stock about a year ago. Not the automakers, because like you said they're just a commodity. But those companies that provide the brainpower for these vehicles, those companies will perform. EV is coming whether we like it or not, so getting in now is just a prudent investing choice. NVDA, NIO, BB (yes, Blackberry), NKLA, WKHS are a few I own and have been very happy with them so far.
I've also been looking at some cannibis stocks, recently picked up Jushi Holdings (JUSHF) which closed today at $7.86 Cannibis stocks have been volatile and not for the investor who stares at his brokerage account dashboard all day. I see it as an investment to buy and forget about for a few years.
I'm staying far away from healthcare stocks, and green energy stocks. I've taken my profits from just about all of my brick-and-mortar stocks too and moved that $ into EV, semiconductors, cannibis and others, as I see the investment landscape changing dramatically and very quickly.
Other than that, I've put a good amount into crypto and have almost doubled my money in a short time. Again, not for the faint of heart, but I want to stay aggressive and not make the same mistake of hiding under a log like I did in 2009.

Back
Top Bottom