• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2021 f150

This is miles on the 2011 f150 with 5.0 that will have another 40 or 50 thousand o it when it’s parked! Nothing ever done but service ! There’s also several thousand hours of just sitting idling . I’ll be sitting 12 hours tonight idling on interstate!
356146BA-8923-472B-875F-D735CD34F29F.jpeg

I've had a 2.7l EcoBoost and I now have a 5.0. Both are great motors. If you're on any F150 forum you actually hear less about the turbo motors in regards to reliability or issues than the 5.0, especially the 2018 5.0. I have a late 2019 build so oil consumption was almost a non-issue but I was still eligible for the TSB 2365 that fixed it the little bit of consumptionI was experiencing. Ask any Chevy person and they'll talk all kinds of stuff about the EcoBoost motors but the truth is the 2015+ EcoBoost motors are quite reliable and plenty of people with lots of miles on them and they're still going strong. The 2.7 EcoBoost is built like a tank, its probably the most robustly built of all the current F150 gas motors. The blocks are made from the same material as the Powerstroke diesel engines. I actually went with the V8 because its what I've always wanted. American, V8 powered 4wd truck. The forums are mostly void of any real reliability concerns for any Ford F150 engine (with the exception of the 2018 5.0 and the oil consumption issues). Ford got it figured out and they work very well. The Chevrolet's with the 5.3 are way behind in regards to performance and capabily in comparison to the Coyote 5.0. I think the new Chevrolet's look great but their powertrains (with the exception of the 6.2) are just too far behind the competition. I'd rather have a new Nissan Titan over a new Chevy. Chevy just doesn't have the value in their packaging. Its a shame because the trucks are visually appealing.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I agree about the 5.3, I'm flat out surprised the 20+ year old design is still in their lineup. One of my "bug eye" pickups has the 5.3 and the other with the 4.8 v8 is actually more zippy with better fuel economy.
It's not that the 5.3 is a bad engine, I think its a pretty good one but I think GM needs to make it more competitive with Ford and Ram or give us something new. I do know that some simple bolt ons will increase HP & tq. It almost seems that GM has it choked down more so than it should especially when you compare it to Ford's designs. The F150s exhaust is straight through and the intake is a ram air design (essentially a factory cold air intake) and the aftermarket has a very difficult time improving upon the Ford factory parts. The one place that Ford does seem to hold back is in their tuning. You can easily tune a F150 with the 5.0 NA, 3.5 & 2.7 EcoBoost motors for a 30-50hp with 93 octane. E85 in the 5.0 will net even more. I still say Ford has the best powertrains of the big 3.

Took some time to drive by Mall of GA Ford yesterday and they had 2 new 2021 F150s. I think both were Lariat's. They look pretty good in person however I have realized I do not like the chrome package. The 2021s look best in sport trim without all the chrome. The chrome package cheapens the look. I didn't get out and look real close because there were a bunch of sales people standing around and I'm not in the market. I think Ford did a good job on this new truck and the new Powerboost hybrid powertrain is gonna sell big. Also, the regular 3.5 EcoBoost will probably end up killing the V8 at the end of this generation. With 450hp and 570tq the V8 will be outsold majority. Unfortunately there isn't as many people that want the V8 "rumble" when they can have the speed and power that the 3.5 EcoBoost will have. The only trim package that id be majority interested in is the Tremor. Sucks they don't offer it with the V8 but not surprised either. Let's hope they kill it with the new Raptor too.

The rumor is Turbo V6 with Electric/hybrid. Whatever it is, it will be built to last. Unlike the Garbage that Ford puts out, Toyota takes its time and actually test the product before releasing. Unlike Fird who spitballs a bunch of **** together then slings it out there for the consumer to be the beta/test dummy.

Toyota quality is ten times Ford quality. Ask ANY Mechanic who knows what they are talking about. I have a 2018 Tundra Platinum and love it. Traded in my 2008 Tundra limited that had 260,000 miles on it. You know what problems I had with it? ZERO! Change the oil in it, put gas in it and drive the hell out of it. Show me ANY Ford with 260,000 miles on it that can make same claim.
I put 300k on a 2007 f150 ,worked it like a dawg and did nothing but change the oil so.....

don't ever stop at that rat hole. They are scammers and crooks.

On a similar note, there are shortages of the 2021 model due to covid and everyone wanting one.
(sigh).
Guess i'm waiting
I agree. Only went there because it was close. I prefer Akins

Back
Top Bottom