• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2021 f150

95gAtl

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
115   0
Reaction score
Drove a prototype before they hit the lots. 3.5 eco has 400hp and 500tq
I know they don’t sound fast. But gosh darn. They scoot.
Tow 14,000 lbs
Payload is close to 2000 lbs for the crew cab

when I look at the f250 figures, the f250 is not too far off. Like a few hundred payload and maybe 1,000 in towing.
Sure the 3/4 ton feels stronger in handling and braking. But gosh. The f150 is capable.

I had an F150 with the 2.7 ecoboost. It was very strong for what it was. After the test drive, I couldn't believe is was a small V6 lol. I wanted to get it tuned, but had to let it go before I got the chance. I still believe my next truck will be an F150 with the 3.5 ecoboost. It would do everything I'd ever need it to.

Indeed!!!
I am looking strongly at the 3.5 eco for 2021. biggest issue I’ve had is the absolute worst dealer experiences in my area.
mall of ga ford and Gwinnett ford. CROOKS. SCAMMERS. LOWLIFES

every single time I’ve been ready to sign the deal changed. almost knocked out a few of them, but left instead of arguing.

People have said try Akins in Winder

might do that next year.

I have a 3.5 ecoboost in my f150 and I absolutely love it. Don’t drive it much now just once a month or so, but after being used to my work truck wich is a gas burner 2500 (very low geared and slow) I’ll get in my ford and go to pass somebody sometimes and almost run myself out of the road... those 3.5L ecoboost are no joke. Mine has 156k on it if I remember right and not the first issue yet, I’ve put 100k on it.

400 HP and 22-24 mpg on long road trips. No one can compete, 4 door 4WD. :becky:
My brother has a 2018 4 door 4wd Silverado that gets that mpg on the road, with a real V8.

the too small turbo’ed engines are fine as long as it doesn’t run out of warranty.
just Google “ecoboost kaboom “
And “eco boost catch can”

the eco 150s use oil , most people have to install a catch can to keep the oil out of the engine.

stock with the V8 if they still offer it.
But there’s no way I’d pay to be the test department for Ford or any other company.
Remember the 6.0 disaster?
That all happened because Ford simply didn’t test their trucks in real world conditions before they started selling them. And refused to warranty most of the engines that self destructed.
Wait till the generation of vehicle has been on sale for at least two years before you buy it.
Plus the stealership will jack up the price of the new gens, they just tack on thousands to the sticker , and people who have the fever will pay it.

that said, my Ford is a one owner, 2006 4wd expedition limited that had 86k on it , and I got it for $3,500 since that’s what the stealership offered on trade from the elderly owner. That’s less than the sales tax on a new one .

and when it conks out my next ride will be the nicest 88-91 K-5 Blazer I can find.

Do you have to take the cab off of the new F-150s to work on the engine ?
Walk by the service bays of a stealership and you will see an F-150 or -250 with the cab raised up, because Ford built the cab on top of the engine.

My brother has a 2018 4 door 4wd Silverado that gets that mpg on the road, with a real V8.

the too small turbo’ed engines are fine as long as it doesn’t run out of warranty.

the eco 150s use oil , most people have to install a catch can to keep the oil out of the engine.

But there’s no way I’d pay to be the test department for Ford or any other company.
That all happened because Ford simply didn’t test their trucks in real world conditions before they started selling them. And refused to warranty most of the engines that self destructed.
Wait till the generation of vehicle has been on sale for at least two years before you buy it.
Plus the stealership will jack up the price of the new gens, they just tack on thousands to the sticker , and people who have the fever will pay it.

that said, my Ford is a one owner, 2006 4wd expedition limited that had 86k on it , and I got it for $3,500 since that’s what the stealership offered on trade from the elderly owner. That’s less than the sales tax on a new one .

and when it conks out my next ride will be the nicest 88-91 K-5 Blazer I can find.

Walk by the service bays of a stealership and you will see an F-150 or -250 with the cab raised up, because Ford built the cab on top of the engine.
My ecoboost has 158k on it and no warranty and doesn’t use oil and hasn’t ever gave the first issue.

We are on our second ecoboost and in over 200k miles between the two have yet to have any problems. The ecoboost engines aren't new, they have been around for over a decade. My F150 has a 5.0 V8 but only because I couldn't find a 3.5 that fit my needs and budget.

We are on our second ecoboost and in over 200k miles between the two have yet to have any problems. The ecoboost engines aren't new, they have been around for over a decade. My F150 has a 5.0 V8 but only because I couldn't find a 3.5 that fit my needs and budget.
I can’t speak on the smaller ones, I’ve got the 3.5 and love it though. I bought mine with 50k already on it.

Back
Top Bottom