• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Run for your Life Zombie Run and Gun

Here you go, first run this year with a weighted vest. 12 lbs for this one and I ran oxygen deprived (never opened mouth, only in and out through nose). Probably finally puts me about where I left off in November before I got bronchitis so hopefully it only gets better from here. I think if I open my mouth I am comfortablly in the 7's/mi. Not much elevation on this one though.
View attachment 2575553

I downloaded a run app so I could get real time info.

I like it tells you everytime you hit a mile what that miles run time was and the difference in time between that mile and your last through bluetooth to me earbuds. I also like it was free and gives me a map and elevation gain.

I guess I didnt have as much elevation gain as I thought I just running up and down 270 feet a whole lot lol.
Screenshot_20200412-110743_MapMyRun.jpg

I'm going to be ready for this one and not let you down!

I downloaded a run app so I could get real time info.

I like it tells you everytime you hit a mile what that miles run time was and the difference in time between that mile and your last through bluetooth to me earbuds. I also like it was free and gives me a map and elevation gain.

I guess I didnt have as much elevation gain as I thought I just running up and down 270 feet a whole lot lol.
View attachment 2576144

I'm going to be ready for this one and not let you down!
I'm a competitive dude but I am so not worried about you letting me down and I'm not worried about letting you down because I'm sure something's going to happen to one of us at some point that's going to be stupid. But I will definitely take it serious and be prepared, that's for sure.

My goal is to be so much better then you at running that I can just pace behind you while you struggle and I won't be tired at all when it comes time to shoot.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I'm a competitive dude but I am so not worried about you letting me down and I'm not worried about letting you down because I'm sure something's going to happen to one of us at some point that's going to be stupid. But I will definitely take it serious and be prepared, that's for sure.

My goal is to be so much better then you at running that I can just pace behind you while you struggle and I won't be tired at all when it comes time to shoot.
emoji23.png
emoji23.png

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's what I am worried about. You are a better runner then me by far and and better distance shooter I would say. We are probably pretty equal up close as long as I dont go blind again lol. So I am trying to up my game to be ready for this.

I am really curious as to how the team part comes into play. What's the requirement of the team? Are the obstacles going to require two people to accomplish? Will 1 shooter be the "sniper" the other the spotter ? Do we need to shoot and engage the targets at the same time? I think this will be the most fun event yet.

Ok so I am kind of turning this into a staying fit and training for this event thread.

I really try to keep my miles times under 10min in/on any terrain but damn this whole run was up hill until the last 3/4 of a mile. And this was done with a 15lb vest on.
View attachment 2585773
Burdy Burdy P ponyboy96
Dude that's killing it. Especially with a vest on hills. All my vest running has been on the road, flat ground. My hill/mountain running I have been doing without the vest. Ill change over to vest/hills eventually but my legs are certainly becoming much stronger than they have ever been. I hit the mountain again today for 3 runs and burned off an enormous amount of calories, guess Ill be eating all day. That course is so straight up it thinks I climbed 146 floors, ha. Also redid my home range and took John Lovell's Warrior Poet Pistol 2 and Carbine 1 course last week. My carbine reloads were horrendous. Now if I will just force myself to get back into dry fire every day like I was doing 2 years ago I'll feel like I will finally be getting back on track.
Screenshot_20200418-130304.png

Screenshot_20200418-130332.png

Screenshot_20200418-130322.png

IMG_20200417_173354.jpg

Screenshot_20200414-201450 (1).png

Back
Top Bottom