• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Ford Superduty

I don't remember which dealer I spoke to last year but I told him exactly what I wanted in my next truck and he said he was willing to find it for me. Then he spent 20 minutes trying to convince me to buy one he had on the lot and that he could throw all of the options onto an XLT and make it almost the same as a Lariat. I don't know why he was so adamant about not looking for the truck I asked for.

Their theory is once you leave you won't come back

my 3500 rides pretty good. Hard bumps like railroad and speed bumps are rough. Cruising down the road it feels like its floating

E026670A-3DF0-48A7-8DA2-A10FEBCED0C1.jpeg
Just bought a 2019 f-250 powerstroke with 17000 miles on it. Right at $50000. New Sticker on it was $61000. This is why I buy used. Days Preowned in Rockmart. Just can’t beat there prices.

Congrats! Enjoy the hell out of it
agreed....!!! Enjoy it.
Right now seems like the dealers just outside of metro might not be shady like the ones i've experienced.

Going to keep this silverado for a couple more years, then try and Ford dealers once again.
And the Ram is outta commission for a bad fuel pump. Argggg. Already replaced it once, really don't want to replace it again. Trying to find a local mechanic who will do it on the side for cash. No rush.

agreed....!!! Enjoy it.
Right now seems like the dealers just outside of metro might not be shady like the ones i've experienced.

Going to keep this silverado for a couple more years, then try and Ford dealers once again.
And the Ram is outta commission for a bad fuel pump. Argggg. Already replaced it once, really don't want to replace it again. Trying to find a local mechanic who will do it on the side for cash. No rush.

Honestly I know it may not seem practical but I always tell my friends check Louisiana, Texas and even Oklahoma. Georgia dealers will not transfer that far so they likely won't even look that far for you. They have a much larger selection and do significantly more volume than anyone in Atlanta.

Honestly I know it may not seem practical but I always tell my friends check Louisiana, Texas and even Oklahoma. Georgia dealers will not transfer that far so they likely won't even look that far for you. They have a much larger selection and do significantly more volume than anyone in Atlanta.

Most dealers don't even like to transfer to different chain/owners. Even if its cloe by

Most dealers don't even like to transfer to different chain/owners. Even if its cloe by

I do a lot of this with motorcycle dealers and it's very tricky. A lot of dealers won't transfer local because they know that if they hold the truck you may come to them instead. They typically are more willing to transfer out of state because they know that you're likely not going to travel 2-3 states away to buy a motorcycle. Then you have to throw what I just said out the window and take into consideration local dealers have rapport and out of state dealers may not be willing to give units to dealers where they don't know each other. The whole dealer trading system is tough to navigate.

I don't mind going out of state, however, i'd be beyond "heated" if we made a deal and I got there, then somehow the deal "changed". I would not want to put myself in that position of being 100's of miles from home without a vehicle.

Definitely would need to see some real online reviews and recommendations before I did that.

Like I said, I have time now with this silverado. It gets the job done, but isn't my 1st choice.

----
you know, I just wonder with Ford's reputation about lying, scamming, etc., here locally, how are the repairs for say "warranty work". Do they pull the same shenanigans?

If Toyota would get their head out of their butt and redesign the dated (circa 2007) Tundra, this convo would likely be a mute point. But I can't see spending the same kinda money as the latest and greatest domestic - for a 14 year old platform Toyota.

Back
Top Bottom