• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Ford Superduty

Buying a new truck is more for reliability and need than a tax break. He should look at other ways to invest in the business and see if he can shift that money into a SEP.

His business is doing inspections for lenders on new construction, to verify the work has been done properly and passed by the city/county building inspector.
He has a 75% pension from the govt job he worked at for 29 years.

A vehicle is the only investment his business needs.

His business is doing inspections for lenders on new construction, to verify the work has been done properly and passed by the city/county building inspector.
He has a 75% pension from the govt job he worked at for 29 years.

A vehicle is the only investment his business needs.
Seriously, that's awesome. Its nice to read something positive for a change. As an active mechanic amongst other things. I prefer a payment over a repair bill for most things. If I depend on a specific vehicle to make my scratch, that one will be the most comfortable I can afford..

For the cost to repair a diesel truck I'm terrified to buy a used one.

A new one is no better. 95% of the people who buy them never used the capabilities and neglect the maintenance due to cost. The supposed benefit in mileage is not offset by the higher maintenance cost, higher fuel cost and higher up front cost. I ran the numbers when I managed a GM fleet and even buying a new replacement gas engine at 250,000 miles (we saw longer life than that on gas powered trucks) the gas powered truck was thousand of dollars cheaper to operate over the life of the truck. at about 14-16,000 pounds GVW the numbers became about even and at 18,000 pounds and up we bought diesels.

The same thing happens to upper end cars as well. It is easy to find tons of Mercedes and BMW's that are neglected when the warranty ends. Those 60,000 mile services that are $2500 make people cry.

Cliff - I test drove a f250 and it isn’t my cup of tea,.. I am going the F-150 route , maybe a raptor if I can find the right deal

can’t beat a sweet V8 though , great prices too

D55DF0E1-0C1E-4E96-A07A-59E582969E28.jpeg

Cliff - I test drove a f250 and it isn’t my cup of tea,.. I am going the F-150 route , maybe a raptor if I can find the right deal

can’t beat a sweet V8 though , great prices too

View attachment 2656325

Talk to me about "GREAT prices too" quote. I have not found any FORD dealer worth a poop here in my area. IMO, they are crooks, scam artists and liars. Not speaking about everyone obviously, but the ones I dealt with locally to me. Price changes, they try and sell you a different truck, and the financing rate changes constantly --- even with my 813 credit score. Walked away so many times!!!

I would LOVE a Raptor, not super capable towing, but I can make it work. They are pretty proud of their prices and I have not seen any "deals". Probably they don't have to deal bc they sell them.

Talk to me about "GREAT prices too" quote. I have not found any FORD dealer worth a poop here in my area. IMO, they are crooks, scam artists and liars. Not speaking about everyone obviously, but the ones I dealt with locally to me. Price changes, they try and sell you a different truck, and the financing rate changes constantly --- even with my 813 credit score. Walked away so many times!!!

I would LOVE a Raptor, not super capable towing, but I can make it work. They are pretty proud of their prices and I have not seen any "deals". Probably they don't have to deal bc they sell them.
I meant some great deals on the F150’s to be had ... here’s an example

FF2A2A2A-BE6B-4C6C-98A9-BAD1C6AB0F98.png

idk if I’m gonna be able to find a deal on a raptor , my friend owns a car lot and is Checking the auctions, he claims he can get 4-6k off retail

here is a new raptor for 53
9F178C8F-081E-4E2C-9948-5EC5BEA99D23.png

used raptors can be found for 48 with low miles

I’m gonna see if I can find one for 42-ish

Thanks for the "LISTINGS" you provided. I'll let you in on a little secret. MOST IF NOT ALL THOSE GOOD DEALS ARE TOTAL LIES. I looked at the same thing online and took their ads into multiple dealerships. Every single one of them, and i'm not joking here, tried to steer me into a different truck. Kept saying they didn't have the truck.
Finally I pushed back and they have the truck. OK, i'm ready to sign papers and drive it away. NOPE. You can't get it for that price. Why not???

1. we added nonsense paint protection, wheel locks, tint, bedliner, etc. That's $2000-3000 more.
2. You have to finance thru our special lender --- which is about 8% based on a perfect 813 credit score.
3. Oh, you don't have a 2015 or NEWER vehicle to trade in.

So the price ends up being anywhere from $5000-10,000 MORE than what they advertised it at.

I KID Y'ALL NOT. Every single time, they thru the above crap at me. Three different Ford dealers.

So good deals???? Yeah, NOPE. Not true unless someone else can show me what they paid OUT THE DOOR and where. These FORD dealers are crooks. I've never had such horrid scammers in my life.
I have purchased an Escalade, zero issues. An S class benz, zero issues, NUMBEROUS Infiniti's at Gwinnett Infiniti --- never an issue. Price was ALWAYS the price. No changes. But FORD. Sheeesh.

Sorry, it struck a nerve with the alleged "good deals". :)

Thanks for the "LISTINGS" you provided. I'll let you in on a little secret. MOST IF NOT ALL THOSE GOOD DEALS ARE TOTAL LIES. I looked at the same thing online and took their ads into multiple dealerships. Every single one of them, and i'm not joking here, tried to steer me into a different truck. Kept saying they didn't have the truck.
Finally I pushed back and they have the truck. OK, i'm ready to sign papers and drive it away. NOPE. You can't get it for that price. Why not???

1. we added nonsense paint protection, wheel locks, tint, bedliner, etc. That's $2000-3000 more.
2. You have to finance thru our special lender --- which is about 8% based on a perfect 813 credit score.

So the price ends up being anywhere from $5000-10,000 MORE than what they advertised it at.

I KID Y'ALL NOT. Every single time, they thru the above crap at me. Three different Ford dealers.

So good deals???? Yeah, NOPE. Not true unless someone else can show me what they paid OUT THE DOOR and where. These FORD dealers are crooks. I've never had such horrid scammers in my life.
I have purchased an Escalade, zero issues. An S class benz, zero issues, NUMBEROUS Infiniti's at Gwinnett Infiniti --- never an issue. Price was ALWAYS the price. No changes. But FORD. Sheeesh.

Been there done that. Probably will never go back.

20191217_115048.jpg

Got a killer deal on this. It was under the marked down sticker price.

I bought a truck like that one showed for 38 for 40 out the door with taxes so Idk man, idk what to tell you... wade ford

Back
Top Bottom