• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Ford Superduty

If it’s all new , I’d let someone else do the testing for a couple of years.

Remember the 6.0 diesels that self destructed because ford didn’t test them at all before they started selling them ??
Nearly every 6.0 blew up just after the warranty expired. And the ones that blew before the warranty expired ford just simply refused to honor the warranty

So much bad info in this thread. :lol: The 6oh is probably my favorite PSD I've owned.

As somebody who's been around diesels their whole lives, and my dad and brother has too, about the only accurate post is @ARCman47 about them PoS 6.4 Powerstrokes.

Not even close to every 6.0 was bad, I still see tons of those with hundreds of thousands of miles on the road. I'd say I still see more of those than 7.3s and for sure 6.4s. I've owned 3 myself, never had one blow on me. Only one out of 3 was bulletproofed. All had tunes/deletes. It's all about taking care of them and routine maintenance. Run a monitor to watch your EGT, Oil, and Coolant temps.

On to the 6.7 which is tried and proven, which has been out for 10 years now and still being used in the 2020. The new 10 speed is supposed to be pretty good, and F150's have been running a 10 speed like that for years now. Both my brother and dad own a 6.7. And my dad's is a 2020 pulling heavy **** and it's had no issues. My brothers 2014 6.7 is over 200k and the only issue he had to replace a water pump recently. He hauls construction equipment every day.

Anyways, on to the OP. If you like it, and it does what you want, get it. The only thing holding me back is the price tag :lol: I'm still in the 6oh income bracket.

What truck do you normally drive every day?
Silverado
Tahoe
and before the fuel pumps busted, a stupid Ram w/Cummins

I've driven plenty of vehicles in my time and i'm saying the banging into gear was not normal. It was mainly the 1st to 2nd gear shift (others were fine) and again when it downshifted coming to a stop (2nd gear to 1st). Bang.

I love ford, but I will say we get a ton of miles out of our chevy fleet trucks. The last one i drove was handed down in the company with 388k miles on it. It had a new motor put in it at 315k. Everything else is still going strong

I love ford, but I will say we get a ton of miles out of our chevy fleet trucks. The last one i drove was handed down in the company with 388k miles on it. It had a new motor put in it at 315k. Everything else is still going strong

I love Ford trucks too. I can't get a dealer to cooperate at any level when it comes to buying a Ford.
Not sure if others just suck it up and play the dealer games and pay their prices and abide by their shenanigans.
Mall of GA ford is the worst. Gwinnett Ford isn't much better. Oh well, Chevy for now..........

I love Ford trucks too. I can't get a dealer to cooperate at any level when it comes to buying a Ford.
Not sure if others just suck it up and play the dealer games and pay their prices and abide by their shenanigans.
Mall of GA ford is the worst. Gwinnett Ford isn't much better. Oh well, Chevy for now..........

That was my problem last time I went to them. We went in to buy 3 trucks at one time after a week of back and forth and them "trying" to find our trucks we struck a deal and we set up an appointment to come in to sign the papers. At 8 oclock the night before signing the papers they dropped a bomb on me that we had to use their financing in order to get the agreed upon price. We were very clear that no financing wasn't needed at the beginning of the whole thing. Instead of going there in the morning to sign the papers I went to chevy next door and walked out with 3 trucks is about 2 hours. They were all over us to help do it quickly. I sent a selfie next to my new truck to the guy I was dealing with at ford when he texted me to find out what time I was coming into sign the papers. I was tired of their BS. If I'm going to spend 150k and you want to give me the run around you obviously don't want or need my business.

The aluminum bodies worry me though. We are very rough on trucks here.

Silverado
Tahoe
and before the fuel pumps busted, a stupid Ram w/Cummins

I've driven plenty of vehicles in my time and i'm saying the banging into gear was not normal. It was mainly the 1st to 2nd gear shift (others were fine) and again when it downshifted coming to a stop (2nd gear to 1st). Bang.

No need to get defensive. No one questioned your mechanical man card. Just helps to know what you are comparing it to. My truck is at 410,000 miles and it’s “banged” since day 1 when empty. Once hooked up to a load it shifts smooth as butter. I’ve already driven the 10 speed and it shifted even better than I am accustomed to. If you aren’t comparing to a 2020 Dodge Or a TorqueShift6 then it’s hard to compare a gas transmission to a diesel.

Ford did not build those. Remember the lawsuit of International by Ford ? The 6.0 is garbage but it was tested. The 6.0 has not been for sale for many years. Remember the 4l60e and 700r4 transmissions that died at 90,000 miles or the 6.2 and 6.5 diesels that cracked heads by the pallet load? Or how about the 5.3's that wipe out cams and are still being sold. I can work on Dodge next if you want.

I rarely agree with people when it comes to the auto industry as a whole, but this is the 1%!! The only thing I'd add to the ford list is the infamous E4OD.

Cliff , I am looking at 17+ f250’s and some f150’s... them diesels are pricy!
Getting my friend that owns a lot to send me some auction vehicles , he said he can get about 6k off retail

Back
Top Bottom