• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

2020 Ford Superduty

I just got rid of my 2017 F250 because after 3 years of owning it, I realized I did not need that much truck. Most I towed with it was 10K once. The rest of the time it was just small towing or hauling for friends. They appear to be holding their value very well because I got way more than I expected for mine as trade in on a 2020 F150 XLT FX4 with 3:55 gears and 3.5L EcoBeast. I love that engine as I've had 2 other P/U's with the 3.5 but this new one mated with the 10-spd Transmission is pretty awesome. It came with plenty of Dealer Installed add-ons too. So, I went back to a lighter Duty P/U because I can still tow 10K with it if I need to and it's got everything I want or need in a P/U

Good luck with yours and I hope you enjoy it, getting plenty of use or at least more than I did from mine.

Here is the New F150 that I just got last week.
IMG_3202.JPG
IMG_3203.JPG
IMG_3205.JPG
IMG_3206.JPG

Here is the old SD that I traded,
IMG_3155.JPG

12mpg empty?
5-6 mpg towing?
YIKES.
I would like to know what your buddy is getting on the 7.3 dually.
That's kind of where I'm at right now with them too. Torn between f150 or f350. Yeah, I know. HUGE difference.
You don't buy a HD truck for MPG. But at the same time, I couldn't do 5 mpg. At that rate, I could drive a semi-truck and yield better mpg and tow literally anything....just because. LOL

I tow anywhere from 3,000# to 23,000# depending on the day of the week and hearing that I may potentially average 5-7mpg completely steered me away. Now with that being said if I were purchasing for a heavy duty truck to tow an occasional trailer once or twice a month then the 7.3l Tremor would be my go to choice.

Remotely related comment, I have a F150 ECO with 10 speed transmission and it makes it feel like it has a lot more power than a 3.5 should have. The 10 speed plays a big part. Also like the very low first gear. When driving slowly I manually cap the top gear so I am not constantly riding the brakes.

Remotely related comment, I have a F150 ECO with 10 speed transmission and it makes it feel like it has a lot more power than a 3.5 should have. The 10 speed plays a big part. Also like the very low first gear. When driving slowly I manually cap the top gear so I am not constantly riding the brakes.

agreed. I drove a 2021 model with 400hp and 500 tq (3.5 eco) and it was stupid quick.

agreed. I drove a 2021 model with 400hp and 500 tq (3.5 eco) and it was stupid quick.
Heck, even the 2.7 ecoboost is quick.
Tried to beat one at a stoplight w/my 5.3 chevy. NOPE. He was pulling on me so I let off.

Chevy 5.3 s are great, but it's about time Chevy adds some power to that drivetrain to keep up with the Hemi's and ecoboosts!

One before one says 6.2 chevy. Yes, agreed, they are beasts. However, I strongly hate chevy for not making them more available. Only ones I can find are with the LTZ or High Country (that's the top end models). WTH. I'm not spending $70-80k on a half ton gas truck. No f-ing way!

Get me a low/mid level w/the 6.2 Oh wait, can't find them on any metro car lots. F you Chevy!

Back
Top Bottom